M-MMO, clocking, and AES

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions M-MMO, clocking, and AES

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RayS RayS 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #22670
    Profile photo of baytonemus
    baytonemus
    Participant

    Now that we’ve been able to use our iLive system a few times, my imagination is churning with possibilities, one of which relates to recording. I’ve read a few posts about the M-MMO card which seems as though it would be the best option for us. For those of you who have done some multi-tracking using the ADAT outs of this card, how do you handle clocking? It appears to me that you would have to use the iLive’s internal clock as your master. Any issues with that?

    Also, to get AES out it looks like you’d have to buy an iDR D-out, right?

    iLive T-112 & iDR-48

    #27608
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by baytonemus

    Now that we’ve been able to use our iLive system a few times, my imagination is churning with possibilities, one of which relates to recording. I’ve read a few posts about the M-MMO card which seems as though it would be the best option for us. For those of you who have done some multi-tracking using the ADAT outs of this card, how do you handle clocking? It appears to me that you would have to use the iLive’s internal clock as your master. Any issues with that?


    While I’m waiting for the Dante card ……i am using a m-MMO card clocked to iLive’s internal to 24 bit 48K into reaper/logic through MOTU 896HD, the reaper/logic sessions are synched to the adat optical therefore all are slaving to the iLive……

    http://www.allen-heath.com/iliveforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1200&SearchTerms=clock

    quote:


    Originally posted by baytonemus
    Also, to get AES out it looks like you’d have to buy an iDR D-out, right?

    iLive T-112 & iDR-48


    or you could get adat to aes from third party hardware…..aphex,alessis fostex lucid rme etc..

    http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/m/49793/0/

    RayS

    R-72/iDR32/iPS10

    #27615
    Profile photo of baytonemus
    baytonemus
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by RayS
    While I’m waiting for the Dante card ……i am using a m-MMO card clocked to iLive’s internal to 24 bit 48K into reaper/logic through MOTU 896HD, the reaper/logic sessions are synched to the adat optical therefore all are slaving to the iLive……

    http://www.allen-heath.com/iliveforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1200&SearchTerms=clock

    RayS

    R-72/iDR32/iPS10


    Thanks for your reply, Ray. All clocks are not created equal, obviously. Are you happy with the how your system performs using the one in the iLive?

    Also, the Dante card is a different animal, isn’t it?

    iLive T-112 & iDR-48

    #27629
    Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by baytonemus

    Thanks for your reply, Ray. All clocks are not created equal, obviously. Are you happy with the how your system performs using the one in the iLive?

    Also, the Dante card is a different animal, isn’t it?

    iLive T-112 & iDR-48


    Yes the Dante card is a different animal. I’ve got one on order also. It includes a driver that allows you to turn the ethernet port in your computer into a asio/core-audio sound card. Depending what kind of network gear you’re using it is capable of up to 512×512 channels. And IMO the best thing is you don’t need any other interface. I’m probably gonna try using some plug-ins with it also, but my main purpose is to just record. Anyways hope that makes sense.

    Ordered a T112/48 Feb 22, 2011. :-)

    #27630
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by baytonemus

    Thanks for your reply, Ray. All clocks are not created equal, obviously. Are you happy with the how your system performs using the one in the iLive?


    While I haven’t compared it to other clocking schemes, I haven’t seen any negative posts on the subject from the people using MADI. As far as I can tell right now, it all seems to work rather well…….You could borrow a card from your local dealer and test this before you make a move either way.

    quote:


    Originally posted by baytonemus

    Also, the Dante card is a different animal, isn’t it?


    Dante of course would do much much more for me at this point, since the kind of shows I do involve a mix of live and pre-recorded material……so, with Dante, I could totally bypass my hardware interfaces (saving da/ad conversion) + have full redundancy, more channels and,the ability to record all at the same time……my only reservation would be regarding the latency involved in doing all this……it would also mean fewer connections as I could connect directly to the mixrack for both digital i/o, control and record. I would also imagine A&H would implement (although I haven’t heard about this yet) the “same” virtual soundcheck mixer prefs to easily switch from live to recorded material mapped to the appropriate channels…….

    RayS

    R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.