Question on Dante software license

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Question on Dante software license

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rexeltw Rexeltw 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MissingLink
    MissingLink
    Participant

I know maybe no one has seen the software yet, but I’ll ask anyway…

I use 2 computers (one in the rack) and often my laptop. When I eventually get a Dante card, will I be able to install the virtual sound card driver on both computers?

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

The license will cover you for a single computer – the additional licenses run at about $150 apparently (you buy them online from Audinate)

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of MissingLink
    MissingLink
    Participant

Thanks for the information!

Profile photo of jgrooms
    jgrooms
    Participant

I’m seeing a lot of talk and anticipation of the Dante cards, what are the advatanges over say the MADI card which is already available?

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by jgrooms

I’m seeing a lot of talk and anticipation of the Dante cards, what are the advatanges over say the MADI card which is already available?

It’s main advantages are that it’s cheaper overall,only need the one card in your rack (Dante) as you can use your pc/mac to playback/record directly using the network port…..you can appreciate the cost differences if you have 2 computers running a redundant system for either playback or for recordings….with a MADI card you will need at least a RME madiface for your comp….

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

You also have Dante equipped amplifiers, processors and loudspeakers which can sit on the network and be accessed directly from the console outputs. Transport is over good quality mass market network topology cheap and simple. All sounds good to me.
    I find MADI good for linking to recording trucks though as there is a lot of legacy MADI pro recording products out there.

Guess I need both really[:D]

Profile photo of kubokovac
    kubokovac
    Participant

Hi, can you please give us some example od dante (active) speakers? It would so great to go all way digital with minimum use od A/D D/A. I will buy new speaker system soon, so I would like to choose something with Dante… Thanks

T112/IDR32/mac mini + iiyama Prolite T2250

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Mr B

You also have Dante equipped amplifiers, processors and loudspeakers which can sit on the network and be accessed directly from the console outputs. Transport is over good quality mass market network topology cheap and simple. All sounds good to me.
    I find MADI good for linking to recording trucks though as there is a lot of legacy MADI pro recording products out there.

Guess I need both really[:D]

You could just position yourself as the live sound guy who produces a product as good as the recording truck guys (without the hassle that comes with dealing with another crew) and double your income ;)

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the newly introduced Lab-Gruppen amplifiers have built in Dante Input and Lake Contour processor,
    2 RU with 4 channels @ 1000W….
    https://labgruppen.com/products/plm_series_touring/

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Profile photo of Musikhof
    Musikhof
    Participant
    Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

Used the demo DANTE card and some Lake LM26’s last november over 300m fibre optic; very useful for seeing whats going on without swimming the moat and climbing the castle walls!

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.