rogue fader

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sraymond sraymond 13 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mr.cat5
    mr.cat5
    Participant

My kick drum fader went up to unity in its owne. I pulled it to down just to have it go up on its own again. I went to an aux and then back to a mix padge there it was waiting for me. pulled it down. I went back and forth to my mix padge and there it was again.

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Was the issue able to be replicated? If so did you try disconnecting the surface and running the same scene with just editor connected? That might help you rule in/out a hardware glitch/dodgy fader…

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mr.cat5

My kick drum fader went up to unity in its owne. I pulled it to down just to have it go up on its own again. I went to an aux and then back to a mix padge there it was waiting for me. pulled it down. I went back and forth to my mix padge and there it was again.

Does the drummer have an iPhone, iPad or computer? [;)]

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sraymond

Does the drummer have an iPhone, iPad or computer? [;)]

Good one…….

are you using midi (to recall scenes etc)..??

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Sounds like an hardware error to me – had the same once and geht the faderboard changed.

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mr.cat5

Ok, joking aside, related to what Ray mentioned can you narrow it down to that paticular fader? Does the fader travel down if it’s at zero on another layer, ie. mechanical or fader servo control not moving it down at all. If you change the fader assignment with another fader does the problem stay with the fader or go with the kick drum channel. Those might be things that would help tech support narrow down what’s causing it and whether it’s the fader control or something else actually sending a fader control signal.

Scott

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.