M-MMO card and processing on output?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions M-MMO card and processing on output?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RayS RayS 13 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of huffditty
    huffditty
    Participant

Hi Guys,

What I want to know is, we run the Aviom setup VIA the M-MMO card which is great for interface, but does not sound great as we have it setup. I would like to know if we are just missing something in programming, currently it seems we are just sending the dry signal into the ANET network by using a “direct out” in software.

Yesterday, we soloed the kick though the console, and then in the aviom unit. It is such a big difference I feel bad that the musicians have to listen to it that way. It sucks.

It there a way to add in the channel processing to the chain for what is coming out of the M-MMO card into the aviom network?

I would be really interested to hear how some of you to here guys use this setup.

As always thank you for the knowledge in advance.

Jason

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by huffditty

Hi Guys,

What I want to know is, we run the Aviom setup VIA the M-MMO card which is great for interface, but does not sound great as we have it setup. I would like to know if we are just missing something in programming, currently it seems we are just sending the dry signal into the ANET network by using a “direct out” in software.

Yesterday, we soloed the kick though the console, and then in the aviom unit. It is such a big difference I feel bad that the musicians have to listen to it that way. It sucks.

It there a way to add in the channel processing to the chain for what is coming out of the M-MMO card into the aviom network?

I would be really interested to hear how some of you to here guys use this setup.

As always thank you for the knowledge in advance.

Jason

Jason, there would be several scenarios that come to mind when doing this…..
    you could just select a different dir out source from the mixer prefs tab……you could make it post process etc…..

You could “duplicate” the channels……i.e. lets say your band uses the first 32 ch you could remap from ch 33 -64 the same channels that way giving you a totally different musicians’ mix …..

hope this helps

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

huffditty
    Participant

RayS,

Thank you for the response, I am not a routing genius on this mixer yet. The first option you described is it possible to just perform this on the current config, which would be I.E. Mixrack Ch. 1>Surface channel 1>Processing strip>FOH Mix and just apply what is happening to the FOH to the Aviom send from channel one?

Or are you saying “unassign” channel one from the Avion/A-NET send and get my kick source from something else, like an aux send that would allow the processing to pass?

I have attached a screen shot from my offline mode, is this what you are talking about as far as direct output assignments? This just appears to be a global setting and not a per channel basis. Do you know if that is true or am I looking in the correct place?

The other option you gave me, I don’t know how that would apply. Because, we have the musicians “mix” thier own mix with the Aviom unit. We go use a couple Aux group to route to them for a “drum other” mix and some misc. Mic for public speaking. I am confused at how virtually coping channels would allow me to route them processed.

Sorry, just trying to figure it out.

huffditty
    Participant

Apparently the attach image is not working…..

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

RayS,

Thank you for the response, I am not a routing genius on this mixer yet. The first option you described is it possible to just perform this on the current config, which would be I.E. Mixrack Ch. 1>Surface channel 1>Processing strip>FOH Mix and just apply what is happening to the FOH to the Aviom send from channel one?

Or are you saying “unassign” channel one from the Avion/A-NET send and get my kick source from something else, like an aux send that would allow the processing to pass?

I have attached a screen shot from my offline mode, is this what you are talking about as far as direct output assignments? This just appears to be a global setting and not a per channel basis. Do you know if that is true or am I looking in the correct place?

The other option you gave me, I don’t know how that would apply. Because, we have the musicians “mix” thier own mix with the Aviom unit. We go use a couple Aux group to route to them for a “drum other” mix and some misc. Mic for public speaking. I am confused at how virtually coping channels would allow me to route them processed.

Sorry, just trying to figure it out.

in editor /setup/mixer prefs/ preferences…you will find your global direct out prefs…there you can choose to make these post or pre any processing in the strips…….see if this works before attempting the other suggestions….no need to repatch or unassign anything……

hope that helps

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

huffditty
    Participant

Awesome, I will test and post results. Thank you much, have a nice day.

huffditty
    Participant

That did work for me on a global setting, thank you. It sounds a lot better, as expected.

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

That did work for me on a global setting, thank you. It sounds a lot better, as expected.

Glad this helped, as for my other suggestion, you could assign the inputs to more than the 1 channel……(if you have enough free channels).

Lets say you use the first 30 ch. duplicate the inputs assignments to the next 30 channels starting at 31 (so 1&31, 2&32 etc… >60) now assign the direct outs of these new channels to the aviom……aside from the pre amp gain shared for the 2 channels assigned to the same input(you do have separate trim) every other parameter will be separate….that way you are not “locked”in the global direct out parameter……in each strip you could assign/use/bypass whatever processing the musician needs or doesn’t need…..all this without affecting your FOH mix…….

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.