iLive Sound Quality, Does it stand up?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iLive Sound Quality, Does it stand up?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sraymond

quote:

Originally posted by jcintas

The iPad deal was through American Music and Sound of Woodland California who are the A & H Distributers for the US. They are at every show like NAMM and Infocomm representing A&H. They had a flyer at NAMM in January saying if you can show you purchased an iLive system before the end of February that they would give you a free iPad. I personally talked to Michael Palmer the National Sales Manager for US A&H and he said it is true. The problem is their website says nothing about it, even though he said it would be on there.

— Jerry

I don’t suppose an iDR-32, M-MMO-A and an iDR D-OUT are considered a system? [:(]

Scott

My rep as Full Compass emailed me the promotion. Looks like you need a surface and a mixrack to qualify. But it wouldn’t hurt to ask. FWIW it also apparently needed to be mailed by yesterday. Considering we started ordering ours February 3rd I’m hoping to still qualify. But I can’t send it in until I get the Serial #’s off the gear. Here’s hoping it works.

Ordered a T112/48 Feb 22, 2011. :-)

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by CMattE

My rep as Full Compass emailed me the promotion. Looks like you need a surface and a mixrack to qualify. But it wouldn’t hurt to ask. FWIW it also apparently needed to be mailed by yesterday. Considering we started ordering ours February 3rd I’m hoping to still qualify. But I can’t send it in until I get the Serial #’s off the gear. Here’s hoping it works.

Thanks for the confirmation Matt! I pretty much deduced it would take a full system to get a deal like that, but if they would sell me one for half price I’d take it. [:D] I’ve seem some more news about the iPad 2 supposedly being announced tomorrow so I guess we’ll find out soon. I’ve got a nephew that works at a big Apple store so maybe he could get me a deal on the original if they mark them down at all.

My “system” arrived yesterday, ordered Feb 15 also through FC, promptly fired it (iDR32) up, connected the wireless router and proceeded to put it through the paces. Worked flawlessly and sounded good listening in the cans. Seemed responsive with my Lenova X61, which just meets the minimum recommended. Bet yours is coming soon, I’m in NE and it doesn’t take long for shipping to here.

Scott

EDIT: Whoops…iPad 2 being announced now!

Profile photo of jcintas
    jcintas
    Participant

On the iPad promotion (American Music and Sound) they said that the system just needed to be purchased between January 13th and February 28th, 2011 to qualify. They said that even though the form says the application (with serials on it) has to be mailed (postmarked) by Feb 28th that they would still honor the promotion if it’s mailed late. I will be mailing mine when I get my serial numbers in a couple of weeks.

— Jerry

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

Looks like ours will be here tomorrow. Can’t wait to play with it. However I’m not gonna start the install until Monday. Right now our “snake” runs through the ceiling and is at least 100′ long. I’m gonna put the Mix Rack in the amp room next to the stage, but that will require some rewiring and soldering. Especially since the current run is a bunch of wires that aren’t labeled. Arg. Anywho figure I best start the install when I have a little more time in case I run into any complications. ;) But who knows when it gets here I may just decide not to sleep for a day or two. :)

Profile photo of Lou-Hemming
    Lou-Hemming
    Participant

Hi Jerry

we sold our LS9 to move over to iLive………..and would not go back, nor would our clients who, in a world where for the most part noise is just noise to most people, now insist on iLive as they have noticed the significant improvement in audio quality.

Your installer sounds like he has a hidden ‘Yamaha agenda’, is he a dealer?………….. good luck with that one. [:)]

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

Well ours is here. I’m still installing it. So far so good though. It is definitely easy to get around. Can’t wait to have it all ready to go. :)

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

When I looked at systems touring engineer friends all said ‘get a Yamaha or an Avid Venue’, but the Venue cost too much and they all admitted they hate the Yamaha’s but ‘you know you can get one anywhere & you know what you’re getting’… I bit the bullet on the iLive and haven’t regretted it at all.

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of jcintas
    jcintas
    Participant

Just received my iLive T112 and idr64 v1.7 system. Am very excited and will be installing it this week and start training my sound crew. I always envied my friend’s LS9 setup at his church, but I am confident this setup is going to blow his away. (except for his ability to record his service on a USB drive)

— Jerry

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

yamahas are stable machines but the mic amps are horrible (i can hear their little quarzes screaming)
    and i have seen
    venues crashing coz of lousy plugins…..the sc 48 venue
    + iLok USB Smart Key for running the plugs ( dont want no dongle to run my desk)
    + for approx 20000 us
    + 16 analog outs (not enough in our in ear days)
    + 48 in on the console (haha still running round with multicores : i ve been there i ve done that)
    + protools is still not able to burn a cd (????????)
    some known isues on the dshow:
    Console Briefly Goes into Backup Mode when an iLok or USB Key Drive Is Inserted (Item #73638)
    On rare occasions, inserting a USB device such as an iLok or key drive can cause the VENUE system console to briefly switch
    into Backup Mode. Audio is not affected and normal operation resumes almost immediately. (almost what??????)

ECx Ethernet Control Software Must Be Re-Installed after Using the System Restore CD ( a restore cd ?????????????)
    therefore this system has to be restored once in a while? back in win 98 land??????

You will have to reinstall ECx host software after performing a System Restore or an Update of your VENUE system.

Brief Audio Bleed when Changing VCA Assignments or VCA Mutes with Snapshots
    In rare situations the timing of VCA assignment and Mute state snapshot recall may allow for brief audio bleed before the new
    VCA assignment or Mute state takes effect.

(brief audio bleed with 110 db on a metal show?? i d call
    it a brief ear bleed))

uuuuuh!!!!

ps: dear forum admin delete this if it is to much bashing….

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Profile photo of jgrooms
    jgrooms
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Biggsounds

When I looked at systems touring engineer friends all said ‘get a Yamaha or an Avid Venue’, but the Venue cost too much and they all admitted they hate the Yamaha’s but ‘you know you can get one anywhere & you know what you’re getting’… I bit the bullet on the iLive and haven’t regretted it at all.

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

This just point out people have different requirements. Product availability is a requirement of touring pro’s. Not everyone needs that requirement (fixed installations, small bands for example). People should keep their own requirements in mind when selecting equipment.

I’m mixing my band now on a A&H iDR-16 and a laptop with an investment of 5k. That is pretty hard to beat considering what you get.

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

plus: pro venue use all the plugins you can get
    con: most of the bands bring their own venue (on festivals) coz you never know what plugins are installed on the “inhouse” console

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.