Suggestions for Editor SW

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Suggestions for Editor SW

This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Musikhof
    Musikhof
    Participant

Hi Developers… great work so far … here are some suggestions that would make more comftable to work with the editor (and pad).

1) Fonts and font size … please give me a chance to configure. Even on a 22″ screen the font is so tiny …

2) Insert a programmable click with some configurable click-sounds to route to Aux, for example to give it to the drummers IE. As an additional FX board might make sense.

3) Show channels i can configure and not always 64. If i just use a idr32 – its enough to show 32 IP channels on screen and not always 64.

any more issues ? … feel free to continue ![:)]

Musikhof
    Participant

another thing…

A switch to turn Talkback “Always on”. If you do Monitor soundcheck with the band, it helps a lot. I can use a Mic with switch to on/off the TB and dont need to press the mouse button all the time.

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

As has been requested previously, the ability to resize the channel strips (as per the font issue above – usability on a 24″ touchscreen is still pretty poor for fader moves).

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Musikhof

Hi

3) Show channels i can configure and not always 64. If i just use a idr32 – its enough to show 32 IP channels on screen and not always 64.

![:)]

strongly disagree with this one…..If you are using as both foh and monitors you’d want to see all 64 channels……heck you can even share the channels 3 ways for foh, mon and recording……just make your windows show less channels…….the ability to resize channels of course gets a +1……

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

You can split the inputs up into 2 and 4 groups and minimize the ones you don’t want to use. A BIG +1 on re-sizable channel strips.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Musikhof
    Participant

should not be a big deal to make this configurable while entering the editor. Simply add “Full channel” or “idr channel only” while logon.

quote:

Originally posted by RayS

quote:

Hi

![:)]

strongly disagree with this one…..If you are using as both foh and monitors you’d want to see all 64 channels……heck you can even share the channels 3 ways for foh, mon and recording……just make your windows show less channels…….the ability to resize channels of course gets a +1……

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

should not be a big deal to make this configurable while entering the editor. Simply add “Full channel” or “idr channel only” while logon.

Quote:

Hi

in editor, go to View /number of i/p windows and choose 1 (64 ch displayed) 2(32 ch displayed) or 4 ………

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

@musikhof: Every Mixrack supports 64 channels. Don’t confuse physical connections with channels. So indeed showing 64 channels is always correct, whether you use them or not is your choice.

If you don’t want to see more than a certain number of channels, create your own custom strip, that can be done in 2 seconds.

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

HI developers ! thanks for the parallel compression :)))!
    in next edition many Russian sound engineers are waiting for:
    1 : DE-ESSER with option to choose the attenuation band TYPE ! not only this poor notch filter!
    2 : multiband compressor! at least 3 bands better 4:)
    3 : the ” L C R plus” configuration – needs also the SUB send knob! on each channel (it’s very uncomfortable to organize sub send on aux in year 2011:))) come on!
    4 : a option to map to midi chanell SEL & MIX !

THANK YOU !

2x iDR32 +MADI OPTION
    MacBook,
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

A surface that is configurable would be cool,
    like the Soundwebs…
    And even Android-Tablet support…

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

All of the window-size, custom strip, channel size, font-size related stuff in editor that is suggested here is great! BUT, it would be so much more meaningful if the workspace you create in editor was saved along with the show!! Please editor windows layout memory.

IDR32
    Dante card
    Macbook pro 17
    Ipad2 + mixpad
    Aiport express

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

HUGE +1 on saving the workspace layout with scenes

Adam Biggs
    iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    with Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card tracking into Reaper with playback via FooBar

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Spectrum

Would like to see a PROPER Apple Mac version, not ported across.

With a real Mac interface you could split the windows onto 2 or even 3 screens.

With the Windoze port you only have the one window. Think how much better it would be if the ‘surface’ ‘effects’ etc. all came up on the Desktop the way it works in something like Adobe Photoshop, window for working in and your palettes put wherever you want.

One screen for the faders and the other for info, etc.

Also

Would really like to see the external monitor on surface doing a dual display, not really that much point having the touchscreen blown-up.

A better option would be to have the big screen displaying the info you need ‘heads up’ where you can see it.

Can really understand why this was not built-in! Cost, but Apple did it on a Mac Mini for £300!!!

ditto on music payback from USB too.

Ray

T80 surface
    iDR32 mixrack
    Apple Macbook Pro 15″
    Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Dante card

You have no f?!?!! idea what you are talking about?

Editor is a cross platform application, that works on Mac, Windows and Linux in the same way. And it even looks the same.
    Some Windows are the same as in the surface.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

quote:

Rubbish, you are talking out of your Ar**

It works like a typical PC program, nothing like a Mac program, it would be a hundred times better if it was written FOR the Mac not ported.

It’s a Java app.

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Guys,

Please don’t start name calling on this forum. I feel that’s the only one left where you can argue without name calling [;)] speaking directly to someone is different than typing in a forum. We all are here for the same reason sharing experience and learning.

Keep it nice

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.