Mixpad & Editor issues?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Mixpad & Editor issues?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sraymond sraymond 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lou-Hemming
    Lou-Hemming
    Participant

Hey all,
    thanks to Biggsounds for the tips! Two flawless shows completed this weekend. I have bought a BiPac 7800N wireless router as suggested elsewhere, turned off other apps on the iPad and away we went. Oh & put a Sennheiser IEM in for my PFL lovely.
    cheers and woohoo!

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Happy to say i had a similarly successful weekend Lou, 2 shows with the iPad and no glitches – the only reason I even had Editor open was for scene saves and Tap Delay control (I would LOVE to see a tap tempo button in MixPad!!!).
    As an unexpected side benefit – the Sunday show was in a venue with a reputation for hassling engineers to ‘turn it down’ regardless of what volume you run it at… that is if they know where you are ;) (thanks to the portability to wander in the other direction when I saw them coming I didn’t get a single complaint all day!).

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

“that is if they know where you are ;)

Off topic slightly but even though I only have a Tablet PC running wireless the chance to move was much needed on Saturday as a fight broke out close to where I was sat! Just unplugged the tablet charger and stood the other side of the room while security, girlfriends and bystanders all piled in to try and break it up… it’s the first time I’ve ever seen someone hit over the head with a chair… good band, good sound, shame about some of the clientele.

Gary.

iDR-32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad – sometime soon

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Sounds like a fun gig ;)

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Biggsounds

As an unexpected side benefit – the Sunday show was in a venue with a reputation for hassling engineers to ‘turn it down’ regardless of what volume you run it at… that is if they know where you are ;) (thanks to the portability to wander in the other direction when I saw them coming I didn’t get a single complaint all day!).

Sounds like maybe A&H need to put in a special buttton. Tap it and quickly bring up something that looks like an email etc. Then if someone comes over….. “Me mixing, no, just checking my email.” [:D]

Scott

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.