Question about setup of digital splits

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Question about setup of digital splits

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jr.riechers
    jr.riechers
    Participant

I have an iDR-10 with port b open, could I fit it with an ace card and then disable redundant mode and use the ace card to connect with 2 iDR-16 with the built in ACE allowing me to use port B for an MMO card in one and a dante card in the other?

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi r.riechers

Yes this is a possible configuration but also means that each iDR16 would have to be seperately controlled via either a seperate surface or Editor.
    What is the application you wish to use this setup with?
    The best option might be to use 2 x xDR16’s?

Check out the getting started guide and brochure below:

https://www.allen-heath.co.uk/dl/iLive%20Series/System%20User%20Guides/xDR-16%20Getting%20Started%20Guide%20AP8331_1.pdf

https://www.allen-heath.co.uk/dl/Brochures/AP8335_xDR_16_Brochure_Screen.pdf

Hope this helps
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of jr.riechers
    jr.riechers
    Participant

This setup would be so that I could use one iDR-16 with an mmo card in Port B to set up an aviom feed with it’s own processing and trim applied per channel. The second iDR-16 with the dante card would be so that I could set up the trim for multi track recording.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi r.riechers

Yes this is a possible configuration with 2 x iDR16. Though this would mean that you would have 3 seperate systems as you would have 3 independant mixracks just sharing audio.

If you would prefer to have just 1 system that controls everything from 1 surface I think the setup for you would be to have 1 x iDR16 and 1 x xDR16.

You then connect the iDR10 to the iDR16 to link 1 of the ACE module in a DualRack system with the MMO fitted for Aviom.
    The xDR connects to Link2 of the ACE module with Dante fitted for record.

Hope this helps
    Sam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.