this is getting annyoing!!! mix pad

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions this is getting annyoing!!! mix pad

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i just wasted 750 us to get an ipad, it took me a aditional download (download it twice including apple charging me twice) so after the second time downloading it it would not disconnect anymore- success.
    now today i start it again and i am back to the beginning (app hides as soon i select a mix no matter if it is aux main e.t.c)then i have to logon again – so far including messing with the appstore i wasted 5 hrs and 750 us to get nothing!!!!!!!!!
    ps: my pc s connect and work without a problem either wireless or cat5…

no fun[:(!][:(!][:(!]

no cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

ps no nothing has been changed on my router all what happened was: it was off for three days,
    tried it now with multicast off same thing

basic router settings:

automatic configuration-dhcp
    Router Name:WRT54GL
    Host Name: none
    Domain Name: none
    mtu: auto
    size 1500 (auto)

local ip address:192.168.1.11
    Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0
    DHCP Server:enabled
    Starting IP Address: 192.168.1.100
    Maximum Number of DHCP Users: 10

Basic wireless settings:

wireless network mode: mixed
    wireless channel:11

ssid: ilive network

security settings:
    Security Mode: wpa personal
    Group Key Renewal:3600 seconds

Wireless MAC Filter : disabled

Advanced Wireless Settings:

Authentication Type: auto
    basic rate: default
    transmission rate:auto
    cts protection and frameburst: disabled
    beacon interwall: 100
    dtim interval:1
    rts threshold:2347
    ap isolation:off
    secure easy setup:enabled
    fragmentation threshold:2346

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

What if you remove encrytption and use mac filter instead?
    It seems you lose connectin to router over wi-fi.

ddff

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i give it a try thanks

cant find encryption (do you mean wpa?)
    tried with wpa off (unsecured network) nope….
    tried with the ipod….works
    this is very frustrating

cheers
    dave

Profile photo of joefi
    joefi
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mumu

basic router settings:

automatic configuration-dhcp
    Router Name:WRT54GL
    Host Name: none
    Domain Name: none
    mtu: auto
    size 1500 (auto)

local ip address:192.168.1.11
    Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0
    DHCP Server:enabled
    Starting IP Address: 192.168.1.100
    Maximum Number of DHCP Users: 10

Basic wireless settings:

wireless network mode: mixed
    wireless channel:11

ssid: ilive network

security settings:
    Security Mode: wpa personal
    Group Key Renewal:3600 seconds

Wireless MAC Filter : disabled

hi mumu, what happens if you configure your router with static ip and
    MAC Filter enabled instat of dhcp and MAC Filter disabled?

regards ………. joe

Profile photo of msmelser
    msmelser
    Participant

If it makes you feel any better, I currently can’t even connect MixPad to two of my three networked systems, and the one that I can use it on does the same thing as yours. As soon as I select a mix, it logs out. I have tried it with a couple of routers, one with encryption and one without. I don’t think it’s a router thing. I can connect with editor and tweak no problem, even when I’m using tweak on the iPad. I’ve been emailing back and forth with A&H’s technical support guys for over a week trying to work these problems out. I’m hoping they figure it out soon, ’cause I really want to start using the app that I spent money on.

T112/iDR48/ethersound
    T112/iDR48/ethersound
    MacBook Pro/iDR32/ethersound
    T112/iDR32
    iPod and iPad

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

good to hear that at least i am not a complete fool…thats whats nagging me you know, i know how to setup a pc from scratch, i know how to repair a neve console e.t.c. and then you get this……

cheers
    dave

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Dave

Have you tried closing all other applications on the iPad by double clicking the home button and clearing all the Apps open there?

Have you contacted A&H Technical Support to see if they can help resolve your iPad issues?

Regards
    Sam

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

We found we had to close all the other apps before it would keep running other wise the mixpad ap would just close down on us.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i tried that as well-no success-and as you can see msmesler (post above) is allready in contact with support with exactly the same issue i dont think there is need for another one…

cheers
    dave

Profile photo of snoei
    snoei
    Participant

Same problem with my iPad / mixapp. Selecting an auxsend Will close the mixapp and needs a new login the next start.

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

frankly i do not understand the whole story….i bet they have been testing it…
    my suggestion would be:

as it is a pro application somebody has to relay on. a&h should (like daw companies do) have a list of approved routers including the exact setup how it should be done,
    their setups should be for mac only and (very important coz many of us use windows) combined windows mac setup.

honestly i dont have time for this and besides i dont mind buyin another router suggestet and “testproven” by a&h.
    what do you think?

ps: to avoid confusion and tons of work bring it down to 1 specific router

cheers
    dave

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hi Dave

Where to start …

Firstly its always a good idea to contact Tech Support with these sort of problems. Just because someone on the forum has had a similar issue doesn’t mean they will defiantly share a solution here. Also you may be experiencing a different problem with similar symptoms which needs further investigation.

Secondly let me clarify the router situation. The previous thread I started was specifically regarding Multicast. There are advantages to using Multicast and we recommend it, but multicast can be disabled and you can use what ever router you like. If you want a specific multicast router recommendation, we’ve already made one:

https://www.allen-heath.com/iliveforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1423&whichpage=1

And we’re in the process of testing others.

Thirdly, your issue is probably not router related.

It sounds like a low memory condition causing the app to exit.

On multi tasking iOS, lots of iPads own apps / features can be running in the background, all using memory.

You need to hard power off the iPad, by pressing and holding the power button, then swipe to turn off.

After switching the iPad back on, don’t launch any other apps, just fire up the MixPad application.

If your still getting problems, there are logs we can get from the iPad to tell us what is going wrong, but these need to be attached to a help desk ticket via Tech Support:

https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/

Cheers

Andy
    A&H

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i select a mix the app logs off (it does not crash it gets minimized).
    please be ashured – i tried all the routines (no apps open, “cold” restart of the ipad,bought the very same belkin router today) editor works,either with mac,
    “big pc” and eeepc….i tried multicast on and off,tried it with the other computers off, and the most frustrating: i had it working (with my linksys router) turned it off for two days, turned it back on – and- gone….
    of cours 1.8 firmare and editor, tweak (wich works).

cheers
    dave

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

hi guys,

I use an ipad only for ilive and had no problems so far (used it with a dlink DIR615 n router). Dave , does the app work at least in demo mode?

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.