Stuck Button on T112 Surface

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Stuck Button on T112 Surface

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ceejay ceejay 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

So I pushed the copy button on my T112 surface and it stays down.
    I was able to wiggle it, and eventually it came back up. Has anyone had an issue with this or any of the other buttons on any surface? Suggested resolution? No moisture or condensation at all and no liquids spilled. Thanks.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Had this a couple of times on my ageing 112 with various buttons 1 problem was the circuit board with the switches on was not quite bolted in square causing the actual switch to stick, another was a button cap (the coloured plastic bit) had a bit of moulding flash on it causing the button to catch the metal trim. No problem fixing it did it myself both times, have a word with Technical and the guys will help out, May need a trip to your dealer if you don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself.

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

Thanks Ian.
    My surface is 7 months old, and I actually had to remove the side panel about 3 months ago, as I heard something rolling inside of it. Turns out it was a small black screw.
    I will use the help serve at Technical Support. I appreciate the note and thanks.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Ceejay sorry if I am teaching Granny to suck eggs but get the lads in technical to send you any appropriate service sheets, they are about the best service sheets I have seen from any manufacturer in 30 years. Follow them religiously even if they seem a bit odd, if the T is put together like the 112 taking the wrong screws out will leave you scratching your head for a while. Generally found the system very reliable though, still very impressed with it.

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

The T series are easier to take apart than the modular iLives. Plastic cheek pieces then rear panel (both Pozi & Tx10 for some reason on this one)and then the side(s) if you need to.

If its a small black screw it could well be one of the ones that the board are mounted to the case with. Best check as board flex is a bad thing!

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

Thanks guys.
    Mr B who do you work with in tech support on obtaining service sheets?
    Also,
    Are there any maintenance type processes that we all as users /rental companies should be doing on a regular basis with these rigs?
    I have no issue getting my hands dirty and digging in, as long as there are good service manuals.
    Cheers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.