UPS issue with ILive

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions UPS issue with ILive

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rexeltw Rexeltw 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Attreui75
    Attreui75
    Participant

I am having a weird issue and was hoping someone could shine some light on it. I have my T112 IDR-32 and IDR-16 on a UPS. When I hit the test button all works fine with the switch over from line to battery and back to line. However when I actually have a line loss, everything stays on and it doesn’t blink, nor does the touch screen computer show any issues, but I lose connection to my drive racks. I get the reconnect? screen and it takes several minutes to reconnect. If I reconnect, even on battery, everything works fine. Can anyone think why this would be? The switch from battery back to line doesn’t cause a drop out.

Thanks,
    Steve

Profile photo of bishop
    bishop
    Participant

Steve, it sounds like something in your configuration is plugged in to the “switched only” vs. on the battery side. Most all UPS’ have a few outlets that are basically only a power strip and not for battery backup.

If you already checked that, I apologize but I just see that a lot.

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

Sounds like the voltage is spiking during the live supply switch to UPS when you have an outage which is confusing either the mix rack or the brain. You may want to try running editor on a laptop and trying it without a surface to make sure its a brain problem not a surface problem. Also probably metering the voltage you are getting from the UPS during switch over with a dummy load. Lights work quite nicely for this as you can see any drop/flicker. Hope that helps

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.