Mute Groups

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RayS RayS 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dgarman
    dgarman
    Participant

Thanks for the previous assistance.

Can a channel be un muted when part of a active mute group. Example, you have the band members muted and need one mic turned on for an anoucement ad hoc. On our analog board we could just hit the mute button and it would unmute even if in an active mute group.

Thanks,

Dan Garman
    iDR48/T112; MMO; iDR-OUT

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

Dan –

No, but it would be nice…

What I do is “select” the involved DCA group, then tap the assigned vocal channel on the touch screen, which unmutes it. That’s 2 taps, which makes this a pretty quick procedure.

-Tim T

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dgarman

Can a channel be un muted when part of a active mute group. Example, you have the band members muted and need one mic turned on for an anoucement ad hoc. On our analog board we could just hit the mute button and it would unmute even if in an active mute group.

Thanks,

Dan Garman
    iDR48/T112; MMO; iDR-OUT

actually the answer is it depends……on how you attribute your mute groups….for example if you made a mute scene instead and assigned this to a softkey then you could…..

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

On our analog board we could just hit the mute button and it would unmute even if in an active mute group.

I would post this also in the “suggestions” thread. It would be a nice feature.

Wouter

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

On our analog board we could just hit the mute button and it would unmute even if in an active mute group.

Thanks,

Dan Garman
    iDR48/T112; MMO; iDR-OUT

FWIW you can’t even do that on a midas XL4! and that was/is some serious console…..

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of dgarman
    dgarman
    Participant

I am not sure what you are saying Ray. I have the mute group on a soft key so I can drop the whole mute but some of the the band members like to noodle so there is a risk of extraneous noise. I also have a softkey for anothger mute group with just the worship leader so that is what I would normally swap to. Our previous Ramsa WRSX1 would unmute an individual channel if needed leaving the rest of the members muted. I am not sure that is a good idea on a board with layers anyway.

Thanks again,

Dan Garman
    iDR48/T112; MMO; iDR-OUT

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Dan – Just temporarily unassign the channel from the mute group – but don’t forget to reassign it again. You can do that from either the surface assign button by selecting the DCA (Mute group)hold assign / (de)select channel or from the routing window (DCA assignments)

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

I am not sure what you are saying Ray. Our previous Ramsa WRSX1 would unmute an individual channel if needed leaving the rest of the members muted. I am not sure that is a good idea on a board with layers anyway.

Thanks again,

Dan Garman
    iDR48/T112; MMO; iDR-OUT

that is also how I do it with softkeys……..if i need to unmute anything i just hit the mute button on the strip….that unmutes that channel…..,.hit the mute softkey again or the channel mute key and it’s all muted….the difference is I mute the individual channels and not the Groups or DCAs associated with these…….

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.