Assign 1 Mix Rack port to 2 channels

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Assign 1 Mix Rack port to 2 channels

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jr.riechers jr.riechers 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jr.riechers
    jr.riechers
    Participant

Has anyone had any experience attempting this or is using this type of functionality. What I’m thinking is that by assigning 1 xlr input to 2 mix channels I would be able to set the gain independently for each channel, thus allowing me to have one set of channels for the main mix and one that has appropriate gain levels for recording/aviom that wouldn’t be effected if the main mix gain needed to be adjusted.

I might be way off on this thought, but that’s all it is is a question and a thought. Thanks.

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

There’s only one gain and pad and phantom setting per XLR input since gain, pad and +48v all happen on the analog level, before AD-conversion.

You can however set the gain upfront and only adjust trim settings during the recording.

Gain tracking for the trim setting is already on the wishlist for over a year :-)

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of jr.riechers
    jr.riechers
    Participant

Do you happen to know what firmware version the Trim was introduced? I have a first generation system with the 1 GHz system processor, that I’m trying to convince the higher ups to upgrade in order to upgrade firmware. Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.