Mixpad app… £59 ???

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Mixpad app… £59 ???

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kentlowt kentlowt 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

£59???? for real?

£59? …….. a bit expensive dont you think?

£59?????!!!???

um no thanks

http://www.TotalLiveSound.com

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

R72 – AUD$10000? Um, I’ll take the $120 app and an iPad thanks.

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by grahamwhite

£59???? for real?

£59? …….. a bit expensive dont you think?

I don’t think it’s to bad Graham – I even predicted it could be $100 or more (It’s $125NZ dollars) . This is because it’s a very small target market (only of use to iLive users) and I imagine a relatively involved bit of software to develop. Also A&H make nothing from Apple iPad sales It’s also a far more portable and flexible controller than any other iLive mixing option out there – I mean look at the price of the Pl controllers or a decent tablet laptop or a surface! I’ll be purchasing – just as soon as I can find a cheap ipad! Once the iPad2 comes out hopefully there should be some cheap iPads around.

The only problem I see (for A&H) is that visiting engineers and potential iLive customers won’t download it to try it out due to it’s price so this will slow the iLive’s market penetration speed.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Richard, I was just thinking the same thing about the lack of a ‘demo’ version… I’ve just been emailing an engineer who is coming up soon with a touring band, the last time he came through I had him download the Tweak app beforehand, and in the email just now he’s said how keen he is to check out the iPad app… when he gets here!
    I think if there could be an offline only demo version (i.e. Fully functional but not actually able to connect to a mixrack – just the demo you see when you download it now) for nix on the iTunes store you’d see a lot more engineers grabbing it (as I did as soon as the Yamaha M7CL app came out, even though I very rarely use one). Either that or the current version could maybe be uploaded, with the wifi link enabled as an in-app purchase for the full price? Just one thought…

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Biggsounds

R72 – AUD$10000? Um, I’ll take the $120 app and an iPad thanks.

I agree… R72 4899€ ? :-)

I’m still convinced that iLive could have a far larger market penetration if they would have an offering that could easily replace the the old venice’s 240 and 320, the ls16’s and ls32’s and some older A&H GL2400’s. For general use, 16 channels is a bit too little, so it would have to be a combination of a controller and IDR32. Those combinations seem to be too expensive to convince buyers beyond the traditional “safe” and sometimes cheaper yamaha choices (or even Roland, bwuerk :-) )… Those who have larger budgets still seem to opt for Digico, Soundcraft and Midas at the moment.

People still like to have some physical faders and knobs to grab, but the lowest price point (for a physical controller) scares a lot of potential customers.

How nice it would be if Belgian theatres and PA companies would adopt A&H Mixracks, technicians are already interested that’s for sure :-))

++++ for MIDI control of the editor !!
    (A&H please add Mix select and Channel select to the controllable parameters)
    ++++ for the iPad controller.

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of letmefix
    letmefix
    Participant

Since there is no DEMO option for this app, does anybody know if there is a youtube video with a nice & lengthy demonstration of this mixpad thingy?

IDR32
    Motion computing LE1700
    Where is my DANTE & iMonitor?

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by letmefix

Since there is no DEMO option for this app, does anybody know if there is a youtube video with a nice & lengthy demonstration of this mixpad thingy?

In german:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTaTxS9AR2c

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of styler1982
    styler1982
    Participant

I will say that I think the comment about comfort zone in having faders and knobs is true, yet will be short lived.

People said the same thing about cell phones, no buttons, forget it. 90 million iPhones later + every other copy cat after, no body seems to mind too much.

Having used it real world, its worth $500 (US) easy. I agree offline for free and an in app purchase. I plan on having an ipad on standby for touring engineers to let them have a go. If nothing else to spread the word its there.

Mix from the crowd, one man line check, hell throw a dante card in there and do one man virtual sound checks including monitor mixes.

iPad + Macbook Pro + iDR32 + Dante = 32 x16 digital mixer, 32 track mobile recording rig, throw it all in an SKB Flyer or something similar and holy crap!

Soooo worth it.

Stephen Tyler
    Coordinator of Technical Operations
    ACM@UCO
    http://www.acm-uco.com
    iLive T-112/iDR-32; T-80/iDR-16; iPhone; iPad

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

I look at it like this Aviom control $625 aviom interface $1,300 iPad $450 ap $120 that’s a bargain for personal monitor control.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.