Multicast, MixPad and Wireless.

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Multicast, MixPad and Wireless.

This topic contains 92 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of woutert woutert 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Cool! Thanx!

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

That is an excellent addition to the user guide.
    Thank you.

There are many user experiences documented in this forum on different topics related to wireless issues.
    Certainly willing to pay more, and be reassured of a stable / solid connection to the mix rack.

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core
    Win 7 Pro 500GB HD 8G RAM
    TP-Link WR1043ND
    Airport Extreme & Express
    Dante May?

Profile photo of Elphie
    Elphie
    Participant

Thanks for the new documentation. Time to go shopping for a better router.

Cheers,
    Michael

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Of course to complicate things further – Dante requires a Gigabit Ethernet capable router/switch and at some stage the Dante cards (with a firmware upgrade)should (as I understand it) support linking to the iLive 100mBit network. So this should mean being able to run Editor, and Dante virtual Soundcard on the same CAT5 Laptop connection correct? I have a DLink DIR825 which has Gigabit Ethernet + 2.4 and 5gHz wireless and so far works well with either Dante or the iLive – So i’m hoping it will be able to handle both at the same time one day!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad, dual M Dante/DVC

Profile photo of AndyH
    AndyH

Hi Stix,

I read your intended setup, and was concerned it may not work correctly with Dante. Therefore I contacted Audinate and asked them about using the same router for wireless (editor) and wired (Dante) functions.

I’ve created a new thread in order to post their reply:

https://www.allen-heath.com/iliveforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1617

Hope it helps,

AndyH

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Hi,

I just bought the DLink 815 dual band router. I connect the ipad ( first gen) to 5Ghz 802,11 a as suggested by Steve Pattison in the video on the Ilive website.
    I must say it is really promising. I could go up to 60m ( sightline) with no connection problems. I used it one’s live about 20m and it was solid.
    i use mac addressing, DHCP reservation, no encryption and no SSID broadcast
    My previous experience with the 802,11 N 2,4Ghz was dramatic. Lost connection several times in a show and could not go as for from the router.
    I will try to use it in a crowded environment and report back

Regards

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

So does all this apply if i am just using an access point as opposed to a router?

Current stock:
    T112, 2x R72, 2x iDR-48, 2x iDR-16
    On order:
    Dante Cards, xDR-16

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,
    it applies as well, the switches and the access point should be compatible as well.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Profile photo of zblebt
    zblebt
    Participant

Can some1 point me in the right direction? :)

We had a live gig and we wanted to try a wi-fi conection for Editor.
    (v 1.72 firmware on everything) Editor is working wired, without problems.

We set ip for the router 192.168.1.11 and we could ping both, the router (on 192.168.3.1) and we could ping MixRack on 192.168.1.1 but we couldnt conect the editor.
    Other PC was running wired on 192.168.1.10 without problems.

We used older wireless router, we just wanted to try it. Where could be the problem?

iDR 48
    T112
    waiting for iPad2
    and M-Dante

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the router hast to be 192.168.1.xxx. Same Subnet ist highly recommended. Please avoid IP adress conflicts.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Profile photo of zblebt
    zblebt
    Participant

What should be the LAN IP adress of the router then?
    If I’ll set it to the 192.168.1.1 then there will be a conflict then no?

iDR 48
    T112
    waiting for iPad2
    and M-Dante

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

As above: any address that is in the range 192.168.1.xxx where xxx is between 1 and 255 and is different to your iLive mix rack, surface or touch screen address or other devices on the network. A&H suggest 192.168.1.255

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of AndyH
    AndyH

Hi all,

Sorry Stix but that’s not quite true. We don’t recommend users use 192.168.1.255, we actually recommend users set their router or access point to:

IP Address: 192.168.1.254
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    DHCP Address Pool Start: 192.168.1.100
    DHCP Address Pool End: 192.168.1.200

I’m not trying to nit-pick, but 192.168.1.254 and 192.168.1.255 seem similar, but do very different things.

Using the settings above, and assuming you’re using the default MixRack/Surface/Touch Screen IP addresses (192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.3) you’ll be able to plug your router/access point into your iLive/Mix Rack and use it to wirelessly connect your PC/Mac running Editor (or iPhone or iPad for that matter). Your PC/Mac will automatically get an IP address (between 100 and 200) that won’t conflict with your iLive static addresses or the router/access point it’s self.

Hope that helps. Wasn’t trying to knock your advice stix, just wanted to clear things up.

AndyH

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Thanks – Actually I meant to type 192.168.1.254 but put .255 by mistake. Thanks for clearing that up Andy!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by bucks

Hi Guys

Our test department have put together a document detailing the testing of access points, and their various pros and cons.

Its available here:

https://www.allen-heath.com/dl/iLive%20Series/System%20User%20Guides/iLive_Router_Compatibility_Version_1.pdf

Its worth noting were also talking to Cisco about a rack mount access point, which will be a high price point, but should be a good solution.

We’ll keep you posted.

Andy
    A&H

Andy,
    Just wanted to follow up to see if or how Allen & Heath is progressing with Cisco on a more professional solution. We really need a high quality access point. I do not want to dismiss the hard work your team went through to put together this document, but a pro or business class AP is needed, especially for high profile gigs. Thank you again.

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core
    Win 7 Pro 500GB HD 8G RAM
    TP-Link WR1043ND
    Airport Express

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.