Mono as sum of L&R mains?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Mono as sum of L&R mains?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of baytonemus
    baytonemus
    Participant

I apologize if this is a simple question. I have changed the main outs of the mixer config on the scene I’m working on from L-R-Sub to L-R-Mono. There is now what looks like a mono send level rotary graph on the input channel LCDs. Is there a way to make the mono master a sum of L&R instead an independently fed out? Hitting any of the Mix buttons on the three main outs selects all of them, but it seems like it would be better if I could “decouple” the mono master from L&R.

iLive T-112 & iDR-48

Profile photo of dgarman
    dgarman
    Participant

What I have done is send all channels to LR and use a mono matrix whose only sends are L and R. That is my main(mono) feed for FOH. I also have an aux for subs.

I am using the template LRstereo (now modified)

Later,

Dan Garman
    iDR48/T112; MMO; iDR-OUT

Profile photo of baytonemus
    baytonemus
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dgarman

What I have done is send all channels to LR and use a mono matrix whose only sends are L and R. That is my main(mono) feed for FOH. I also have an aux for subs.

I am using the template LRstereo (now modified)

Thanks, Dan. I thought a matrix might be one way of approaching that. I actually just started modifying the default “Set Up” and then kept tweaking as I figured out what I was doing. After tomorrow I’ll be able to load some of those other templates to see how they differ. Thanks again.

iLive T-112 & iDR-48

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

There are different mixer configurations with LR and Mono available. Try one of the radio sets…

SRV

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.