Can’t change wedge master name

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Can’t change wedge master name

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of baytonemus
    baytonemus
    Participant

I’m just experimenting and trying to familiarize myself with everything but have run into what seems like bug. I changed one of the DCA masters in the default setup to a mono wedge and then tried to rename it. It says “Wedge” on the channel LCD but when I push the channel select button and then the “Name and Colour” button, the touch screen will not let me access the renaming page. I can select a different channel and get to the renaming screen and then hit the wedge channel select button and get in. However, when I do that the name field shows only one space (blank) character. I can punch in characters but hitting “Apply” doesn’t update anything, and when I leave that screen it still says “Wedge” on the channel.

I have not yet installed the 1.80 firmware update and am running 1.71 that the unit shipped with.

One last question: What is the difference between “Strip Select” and “Channel Select” in Channel Selection Mode?

Thanks.

iLive T-112 & iDR-48

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

I think this is a channel that is designed for the engineer to listen to a mix. You can’t make it go away either. This also confused me when I started playing with the editor. And I could be entirely wrong. Just my guess. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Looking at a T112/48. :-)

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

There are dedicated wedge & iem sends for the engineer, while I’ve never tried to remove them as I understand they are a fixed part of the setup (you can however choose whether or not to have processing on those channels as far as I’m aware).
    Baytonemus, I’m only running editor to my iDR, but ‘strip’ mode for my setup is where you can configure the positions and layers of whatever channel strips you want on your surface (i.e. choosing to put groups and DCAs on the left hand layer 1 etc) – is this what you mean?

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by baytonemus

I’m just experimenting and trying to familiarize myself with everything but have run into what seems like bug. I changed one of the DCA masters in the default setup to a mono wedge and then tried to rename it. It says “Wedge” on the channel LCD but when I push the channel select button and then the “Name and Colour” button, the touch screen will not let me access the renaming page. I can select a different channel and get to the renaming screen and then hit the wedge channel select button and get in. However, when I do that the name field shows only one space (blank) character. I can punch in characters but hitting “Apply” doesn’t update anything, and when I leave that screen it still says “Wedge” on the channel.

I have not yet installed the 1.80 firmware update and am running 1.71 that the unit shipped with.

One last question: What is the difference between “Strip Select” and “Channel Select” in Channel Selection Mode?

Thanks.

iLive T-112 & iDR-48

from iLive pdf:

Strip Select / Single Strip Select – Press a strip SEL key.
    Touch Name to open the on-screen keypad. Touch Colour to
    select a colour. Touch Apply.

Strip Select / Block Strip Select – Press the first SEL key
    then the last in the range you want to colour. All green SEL
    indicators in the range light. Touch Colour to select the
    colour. Touch Apply.

Note – Naming is disabled in Block mode.

Channel Select – Select Channel Type and the range. Select
    Colour and press Apply.

NoteTo restore the SEL keys to normal mixing mode
    turn off the NAME & COLOUR key.

Touch Reset to delete the name and restore the channel
    number.

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of baytonemus
    baytonemus
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Biggsounds

There are dedicated wedge & iem sends for the engineer, while I’ve never tried to remove them as I understand they are a fixed part of the setup (you can however choose whether or not to have processing on those channels as far as I’m aware).

I think this is what’s going here. I assumed “Wedge” was just their nomenclature for a non-IEM monitor “send.” It appears that the name of this specific engineer’s wedge/monitor mix is not editable.

quote:

Baytonemus, I’m only running editor to my iDR, but ‘strip’ mode for my setup is where you can configure the positions and layers of whatever channel strips you want on your surface (i.e. choosing to put groups and DCAs on the left hand layer 1 etc) – is this what you mean?

I think what I’m really trying to learn is how the terms “channel” and “strip” are being used. Are channels what exist on the mix rack and strips the positions into which they are loaded on the surface?

iLive T-112 & iDR-48

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi baytonemus

quote:

I think what I’m really trying to learn is how the terms “channel” and “strip” are being used. Are channels what exist on the mix rack and strips the positions into which they are loaded on the surface?

Yes Channel is the actual DSP channel in the mixrack where audio is routed.

the channel strip is how you layout your channels on the surface a channel strip can be configured to be whaterver channel type you wish e.g. input, aux, group, main, etc

Hope this helps
    Sam A&H

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.