MixPad App Issues, how bout you?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions MixPad App Issues, how bout you?

This topic contains 29 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of styler1982
    styler1982
    Participant

I have seen this kind of thing pop up already so I wanted to dedicate a thread to it.

Works great, except nothing is metering on it. I am assuming from all the meters shown that they are supposed to respond.

iDR-16, Airport Extreme, iPad.

No surface is hooked up, but I can see the editor metering and responding to controls from the app. The app also responds great to changes being made in the editor.

Anyone else? Thoughts?

I have tried tweaking what I can on the router, adjusting some multicast settings, etc. Nothing. Tried restarting everything, nothing.

Stephen Tyler
    Coordinator of Technical Operations
    ACM@UCO
    http://www.acm-uco.com
    iLive T-112/iDR-32; T-80/iDR-16; iPhone; iPad

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Same deal here Stephen,
    I’ve got signal running in and have tried the PAFL and both channel input and mix output meters with no joy… so I don’t have the RTA either (which I really would like to use) – maybe there is an optimal setting for the router that we’re both missing?

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

styler1982
    Participant

Speaking of RTA how do you access that from the app I havent found it anywhere, unless it meters on the GEQ screen.

Stephen Tyler
    ACM@UCO

styler1982
    Participant

Just got an email from support. Duh apparently there are settings for the MixPad app under the main settings app to enable metering.

Not able to test at the moment but will shortly.

Stephen Tyler
    ACM@UCO

styler1982
    Participant

Well turning the metering option off and then on again seems to have solved the problem.

YAY!

Stephen Tyler
    ACM@UCO

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

hey guys help apprechiated i have frimware 4.2.1 on my pad the app as soon i choose a mix (auxes main whatever) gets minimized
    and then i have to logon again….my guess was multicasting but it did not affect anything , my editor comps are windows (eepc and a msi touch and they work flawless with wifi)
    i tried the pad alone (my other computers turned off) same thing.

so hints are very very welcome

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Biggsounds
    Participant

Dave, you tried closing all other apps right (double click the button, that opens your dock at the bottom, hold an icon until it wobbles, close everything but MixPad) – sorry if im stating the obvious (no offense intended)!!!
    The other option is to delete it and redownload (direct to your iPad, not via iTunes) – maybe you just got a dodgy download?
    I’ve done the off/on settings trick and now have the RTA & meters running beautifully – looking forward to my first gig with it tomorrow!
    UPDATE – just got home from my gig; managed to get through the show without once turning on the laptop (although it was a very simple show!!!), so that was a nice first outing for the app! Didn’t hurt that I got to sit with the caterers and chow down for most of the show (like I said it was a VERY simple show)!

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Leon
    Leon
    Participant

Tried the mixpad on two gigs, surface and editor in back up mode[;)] Works great! Just one little problem, don’t have metering! Where can i find the metering option on/off?
    [?]

Leon van der Moere
    Engineer Hofmanproductions
    http://www.hofmanproductions.com
    T80, T112, IDR32, IDR48.
    Macbookpro, Ipad mixpad, Iphonetweak. DANTE VERY SOON!?

Biggsounds
    Participant

Leon, as above if you go into the global settings and scroll down to the apps list you’ll see MixPad – in there switch off and then on the metering/RTA/Multicast options – seems to do the trick

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Leon
    Leon
    Participant

Oooh, if everything was that simple! Thanks, Biggsounds!

Leon van der Moere
    Engineer Hofmanproductions
    http://www.hofmanproductions.com
    T80, T112, IDR32, IDR48.
    Macbookpro, Ipad mixpad, Iphonetweak. DANTE VERY SOON!?

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

yep downloading it again did it…thanks
    now a question from a ipad newbie: is there a setting where apps actually close when i close it? (not just hidden?)

quote:

Originally posted by Biggsounds

Dave, you tried closing all other apps right (double click the button, that opens your dock at the bottom, hold an icon until it wobbles, close everything but MixPad) – sorry if im stating the obvious (no offense intended)!!!
    The other option is to delete it and redownload (direct to your iPad, not via iTunes) – maybe you just got a dodgy download?
    I’ve done the off/on settings trick and now have the RTA & meters running beautifully – looking forward to my first gig with it tomorrow!
    UPDATE – just got home from my gig; managed to get through the show without once turning on the laptop (although it was a very simple show!!!), so that was a nice first outing for the app! Didn’t hurt that I got to sit with the caterers and chow down for most of the show (like I said it was a VERY simple show)!

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Biggsounds
    Participant

Good question Dave, having a peek around the web it doesn’t seem so (other than a hard restart, but thats slower than doing it manually in most cases!). Glad to hear that issue resolved though – it sounded frustrating!!!

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

One limitation we noted was that when you selected a stereo aux channel you loose the ability to pan the channels assigned to that aux.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Biggsounds

Good question Dave, having a peek around the web it doesn’t seem so (other than a hard restart, but thats slower than doing it manually in most cases!). Glad to hear that issue resolved though – it sounded frustrating!!!

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Yes very frustrating Indeed, but usually Things don’t work from the Start in my
    Life….there Must Be a speil in my Life too this Auto fiel(i am writing on my Päd now
    Is very annnnnnoyiiiing

cheers
    dave

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

got it auto fill s off……

cheers
    dave

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.