firmware1.70 possible file corruption

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions firmware1.70 possible file corruption

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RayS RayS 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

had a strange problem using our regular R72 idr 32 mixrack and 3 computers running editors.

One of my comps (mackbook pro) would cause the surface/mixrack firmware status display to change from the green check to a red cross, had to reboot repeated times and finally got that computer out of the loop and the others could connect ….we did the show, but the computer that caused the problem behaved strangely i.e. interrupted audio playback corrupted audio show files and finally it just turned itself off !……..

By the way, just being connected to the network ports on either surface or mixrack was enough to affect the system firmware indicator……

Did a drive test all seemed ok…….this morning, turned it on and played the show files (without trying to launch editor) and all is back to normal??!!

Could it be a possible corrupted editor (java) ??

Being on tour I won’t be able to test the trashing v1.70 editor and downloading a new copy until sometime next week as my gear is being driven to our next gig while we are flying back home for 5 days off…..

Any ideas…..

Thanks

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of AndyH
    AndyH

Hi RayS,

I’m not sure what it could be. Probally best to give A&H Technical Support a call or an e-mail (https://allen-heath.helpserve.com) when you’re able too. Please send them your log files and show as well. I’m sure they’d be able to help.

Cheers,

Andy H

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by AndyH

Hi RayS,

I’m not sure what it could be. Probally best to give A&H Technical Support a call or an e-mail (https://allen-heath.helpserve.com) when you’re able too. Please send them your log files and show as well. I’m sure they’d be able to help.

Cheers,

Andy H

already contacted our system rep and will try to boot this editor on his system….we’ll take it from there……

thanks

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

we were able to reproduce the problem on the system’s rep console…….it seemed linked to either a corrupted editor file /prefs or misallocated ip address……..as suspected, trashing the file and reloading a new editor version solved the problem…..

we did send the log files to A&H……..

thanks

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.