airport express

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions airport express

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of abstractnoise abstractnoise 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kubokovac
    kubokovac
    Participant

Hi, anyone knows if I can configure my idr 32 via airport express wifi router by Apple and at the same time use airplay via iTunes to play music right to my idr? Is it possible? thanks

T112/IDR32/mac mini + iiyama Prolite T2250

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

You can’t stream audio directly to the IDr over the network – you have to use the analogue minijack outputs on the Airport Express. You will need a cable to get the unbalanced stereo mini jack into the IDr XLR inputs – probably a couple of DI’s would be best. I use an airport express to stream audio from my ipod touch or from laptop. You just need to configure it’s ip address to be compatible with your iLive system.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of kubokovac
    kubokovac
    Participant

Yes, I know (of course I thought to do it via minijack/xlr reduction) My question was more about if airport express can be configured to do both things at same time…

T112/IDR32/mac mini + iiyama Prolite T2250

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Yes it can. You can use it as a normal wifi router or configure it as a slave extension on another wifi network and use the airplay audio output in either mode. Thought that was what you wanted to know but you can read your question two ways.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of abstractnoise
    abstractnoise
    Participant

I think those units have SPDIF optical outputs – so you could conceivably convert that to SPDIF electrical with an adaptor and bring it in to the SPDIF in’s on the back of the control surface if you wanted to go that route. Depending how you want your WiFi set up this might be counterproductive.

Work web: https://www.allsouls.org
    Home web: https://abstractnoise.co.uk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.