xdr-16

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of deanz25
    deanz25
    Participant

If I am using an idr-16 with a laptop and no surface can I connect an xdr-16 from the ace port or do I have to use port b with an additional ace card?

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

Below is a copy of a post from sometime ago, it maybe of use…

I’d assume this would be a long shot, but I’m wondering if, seeing as how I’m running my iDR32 without a control surface (ie laptop control), and therefore am not using my ACE port, could that port be used to connect the new xDR unit? I’m assuming probably not (that would be too easy!), but if so it would certainly add a world of possibilities to my existing setup.
    I’ve got a Uni looking seriously at an iLive system, and this would be a huge selling point for networking their theatres!!!

I’m afraid this configuration will not be possible in 1.8 firmware. You will be able to put a Port B slot in the xDR16 though.

Thanks for your thoughts, i will forward your ideas, what other possibilities were you thinking?

Regards
    Sam A&H

The tech support guys at the Uni were happy with the idea of laptop/pc control rather than a console, the ability to link off port A would be a big bonus in terms of keeping the cost down more than anything else (no need for an option card at an extra xx$). They have 3 theatres I’m thinking about linking (2 adjacent, one a short distance away) – the xDR units are a godsend for this particular install!
    But for my situation I was thinking that being able to use an xDR as a ‘drop box’ in a stage setup, but keep my (coming soon!) Dante card at the iDR rack suits me better as that’s where my computer etc are (for recording). Just wishful thinking really ;)

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Gary.

iDR-32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad – sometime soon

Profile photo of brobinson81
    brobinson81
    Participant

I am in a church and needing to have the Aviom option but also would like madi for recording and virtual soundcheck. Would this option work using the xdr16.

idr32 with ace card connected to two xdr16. In slot B of one xdr16, the mini multi out. In slot B of the other xdr16, the madi card.

Would I be able to run both of these at the same time? Would I be running into any processing problems/limits? We are controlling with a T112 surface. Thanks for any help.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by brobinson81

I am in a church and needing to have the Aviom option but also would like madi for recording and virtual soundcheck. Would this option work using the xdr16.

idr32 with ace card connected to two xdr16. In slot B of one xdr16, the mini multi out. In slot B of the other xdr16, the madi card.

Would I be able to run both of these at the same time? Would I be running into any processing problems/limits? We are controlling with a T112 surface. Thanks for any help.

There is no reason why it should not work as expected…

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi deanz25

You will have to connect the xDR16 to a PortB ACE module. We currently only support expanders connected to a Port B ACE module.

Hi brobinson81

Yes this is a valid configuration though there are some limitations with channel availability. There are only 64 channels available in totoal out of Port B therefor you will need to share these outputs with both Expanders.

All Channels 1 -64 are outputted to both xDR16 expanders so you will need to assign channels 41-56 as your Aviom channels which leaves channels 1-40/57-64 free for you to assign to MADI channels

Check out the routing diagram in the xDR16 brochure

https://www.allen-heath.co.uk/dl/Brochures/AP8335_xDR_16_Brochure_Screen.pdf

and also the getting started guide

https://www.allen-heath.co.uk/dl/iLive%20Series/System%20User%20Guides/xDR-16%20Getting%20Started%20Guide%20AP8331_1.pdf

Hope this helps
    Regards Sam A&H

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.