T-112 and iDr-48 Lost Connections

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions T-112 and iDr-48 Lost Connections

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RayS RayS 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #22596
    Profile photo of SSmith162
    SSmith162
    Participant

    I am using a iLive T-112 and iDR-48. I am trying to get the network settings all worked out and am having the following problem:

    If I connect both the surface and mixrack to the router I lose connection between the two. If I connect just one of those items the connection between the two stays.

    I am trying to run editor with an “Online Mixrack and Surface” setting, but cannot do that unless both are on the network.

    I have set all the ip addresses for the router mixrack and surface to the specs suggested by A&H. I have a cat-5 between the ACE ports on the mixrack and surface, and cat-5 connections from the network port on the surface and the mixrack.

    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

    #27067
    Profile photo of ryanlantzy
    ryanlantzy
    Participant

    SSmith,

    Do you have an ethernet cable connected between the ACE ports of the mixrack and surface?

    #27070
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by SSmith162

    I am using a iLive T-112 and iDR-48. I am trying to get the network settings all worked out and am having the following problem:

    If I connect both the surface and mixrack to the router I lose connection between the two. If I connect just one of those items the connection between the two stays.

    I am trying to run editor with an “Online Mixrack and Surface” setting, but cannot do that unless both are on the network.

    I have set all the ip addresses for the router mixrack and surface to the specs suggested by A&H. I have a cat-5 between the ACE ports on the mixrack and surface, and cat-5 connections from the network port on the surface and the mixrack.

    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.


    If this is a wi-fi router connection then ……as both the surface and the mixrack are joined through ACE (as they should) they are both already on the network …….and accessible….I found that ip addresses are best left to the default (at least when you’re troubleshooting a new wireless network with iLive) best to change the ip in the computer(s) although with a mac (pc also perhaps) , as long as the surface and the rack are booted up and running its all done automatically (automatic ip selection) Can you get the editor to communicate at all??

    RayS

    R-72/iDR32/iPS10

    #27071
    Profile photo of SSmith162
    SSmith162
    Participant

    I do have an ethernet cable connected between the ACE ports on the mixrack and surface. I have not changed any of the IP settings on the surface, the mixrack or the touchscreen. I left all of those at the default settings and changed the ip address on the router. My computer selects an ip address automatically, and does not conflict with the ones issued to the mixrack and surface.

    Ray… it is a wifi router and I have the mixrack plugged into the router. With the editor I can set up a session for “Online Mixrack” but not one for “Online Surface & Mixrack” It seems like they should both be on the network because of the ACE as you mentioned, but they do not seem to both be accessible.

    Is there a suggestion as to which is better to connect to the router… the mixrack or the surface?

    Sean

    #27073
    Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

    You only need one CAT5 network connection to your router – from either a mixrack OR surface network port. The network is linked already over ACE. Your computer can then either connect wirelessly or by another CAT5 to the router or an ilive network port.

    Cheers

    Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

    #27074
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by SSmith162

    I do have an ethernet cable connected between the ACE ports on the mixrack and surface.
    With the editor I can set up a session for “Online Mixrack” but not one for “Online Surface & Mixrack” It seems like they should both be on the network because of the ACE as you mentioned, but they do not seem to both be accessible.

    Is there a suggestion as to which is better to connect to the router… the mixrack or the surface?

    Sean


    Sean, what happens when you select “Online surface and mixrack”?

    RayS

    R-72/iDR32/iPS10

    #27088
    Profile photo of SSmith162
    SSmith162
    Participant

    I believe the issue is resolved. I am able to connect to “Online Surface and Mixrack” with the mixrack alone connected to the router. I can do the same with the surface alone connected to the router, but if I lose power to the surface that loses the connection (obviously) wanting to run editor as a redundant backup it seems will work with only the mixrack connected.

    Thank you all for your help.

    Sean

    #27090
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by SSmith162

    I believe the issue is resolved. I am able to connect to “Online Surface and Mixrack” with the mixrack alone connected to the router.


    That is how it should be!

    quote:


    Originally posted by SSmith162 I can do the same with the surface alone connected to the router, but if I lose power to the surface that loses the connection (obviously) wanting to run editor as a redundant backup it seems will work with only the mixrack connected.

    Thank you all for your help.

    Sean


    Sean, there seems to be some confusion about your setup……
    When physically connected through ACE, both the surface and the mixrack are on a network!!!! if you put the router at the mixrack (that’s a good place) you can have a redundant editor session…..it is strongly suggested in the A&H docs not to use ACE and network connections between surface and mixrack at the same time……so, if you have ACE connected, then that would give you audio and control from the surface .if you only connect through the network ports (not ACE) then your surface has control only, no audio passes to the surface, no dsp is used by the surface i/o………You must remember that ACE is both a network link+audio….so you don’t want that connected twice…..even with a wireless router……The redundant editor backup runs either way, to the surface or to the rack………

    RayS

    R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.