GEQ fader flip bug on V1.71

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions GEQ fader flip bug on V1.71

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of timstudio
    timstudio
    Participant

While mixing a tv show today (first time on the iLive for me) I also discovered the GEQ fader flip bug. Luckily it was during show warm-up instead of during the recording. Anyway, pressing the flip button copied the actual fader settings into the eq settings, totally destroying the sound of the audience mix. After reloading the show I tried to copy the bug and it happened without exception every time, on every matrix or group eq.
    I had no time the power down the console and reset to check if that got rid of the bug. Previous users told me they once had a similar experience.

Firmware version used was 1.71

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by timstudio…..totally destroying the sound of the audience mix.

What do you mean by this? How was the sound affected? Was it a total loss of audio? or was it a tonal loss?

http://www.TotalLiveSound.com

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi TimStudio

Please contact A&H Technical Support with a detailed description of your problem, they will be able to help you resolve your issue.

https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of timstudio
    timstudio
    Participant

Tonally destroying the sound :) I did a quick check on all of my outputs, resulting in all loss of eq settings. (most of my faders were at the bottom at the time)

Dutch importer allready contacted me and is looking into it.

Profile photo of przemko
    przemko
    Participant

hello

I had this issue too in my T112, and the problem is with the hardware. As my dealer explained, there is a resistor which is setting the limit value of the current going to motor-faders. Notice that when you press GEQ fader flip button, almost every fader changes its position. If the limit is set on too small value, faders doesn’t move and their current setting is copied to your EQ. Try to set fader levels to center position, similar to zeroed-EQ, and find the threshold above how many faders moved the issue occurs. In my case it was about 10.

best regards

Przemko

Profile photo of kubokovac
    kubokovac
    Participant

timstudio, I have exactly the same problem with my T112! It was first console in Slovakia, so I thought this can be the problem, but it still happening every time, so i do EQ through Touch display! It is horrible, any sw upgrade did not solve this. I also can not use USB :-(

T112/IDR32/mac mini + iiyama Prolite T2250

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi kubokovac

Some of the early T-series surfaces had a hardware fault that could cause GEQ fader flip issues.

Please contact your local distributor, they will be able to help you resolve your issue.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Sam – Can you advise if there is a way to identify which T series surfaces this might affect? ie. manufacture date or serial number?

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Stix

Please contact your local distributor or A&H Technical Support, they will be able to advise you to see if your system may suffer from this issue.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.