Dual mix rack set up on the offline Editor

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Dual mix rack set up on the offline Editor

This topic contains 21 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mrp123 mrp123 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Slammin
    Slammin
    Participant

Dual mix rack set up on the offline Editor – Is this possible?

I can only see the option for one mix rack…

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Slammin

I’m afraid Editor does not currently support offline Dual MixRack configuration, though will work fine in ‘MixRack only’ and ‘Online Surface & MixRack’.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of JH75
    JH75
    Participant

Hi Sam,

I have been hanging off setting up our system in dual rack mode (iDR64 + iDR16) because I wanted all the sound techs being used to using the editor – it has a lot of educational value when transitioning from an analogue system to the iLive. Can you let us in on the time-frame for implementing offline editor support for dual rack mode – ie. never, next 6 mths, or other?

Cheers

Jeff

iLive T112 iDR64 iDR16 @ GBC

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi JH75

We are aware of this feature request, though i’m afraid it is very low the priority list. I do not see this feature being implemented at all unless we see a much larger amount of requests from the field.

Though we do already allow connection fully online for Dual rack.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Is this the case for expander offline support as well?

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Steffen

Yes i’m afraid so, though if alot of people request this it is possible to get bumped up the Priority list.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

I have an expander and would really like to be able to control it with the ipad app. For now it is not possible.
    So on most occasions i simply can’t use the expander because i can not control it on stage ( with i do all the time ).
    Hope it will be possible very soon.

regards Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of JH75
    JH75
    Participant

Hi Sam,

quote:

We are aware of this feature request, though i’m afraid it is very low the priority list. I do not see this feature being implemented at all

That is disappointing to hear. So if we can’t get offline support in the editor, what things can I do in offline mode – eg. strip layout – and what things can’t I do in offline mode -eg ?? when working with dual rack mode racks? I’d like to get an understanding of the limitations so I can educate our sound tech group.

The educational aspect I spoke of earlier comes down to understanding the routing – not all our operators are fully experienced sound techs with experience across a range of boards/surfaces.

Thanks for the prompt reply

Cheers – Jeff (here in Oz)

Profile photo of 01soundman
    01soundman
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

Hi JH75

… I do not see this feature being implemented at all unless we see a much larger amount of requests from the field.

Though we do already allow connection fully online for Dual rack.

Regards
    Sam A&H

I’m grateful for the ability to use the editor with our dual-rack system but would very much like to be able to use it offline as well.

Ray (iDR-32, iDR10, 144 surface)

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi JH75

You have almost full control to cofigure most of the iLive system with offline mode except:
    Dual-Rack and xDr16 Expander setup is not available at all, the signal generator, some MIDI control, multicast/network settings, user profiles & Firmware update are not available offline either.

I think everything else should be possible. You can configure your strip layouts, custom strips and setup all of your routing, only with a single mixrack setup.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Sam,

Will dual rack and Xdr16 be supported on the IPAD in the next update ? the xdr is kind of useless now because i can’t control it on stage with the ipad.

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

+1 for ipad control of the XDR16.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of JH75
    JH75
    Participant

Hi Sam

quote:

You have almost full control to cofigure most of the iLive system with offline mode except:
    Dual-Rack and xDr16 Expander setup, the signal generator, some MIDI control, multicast/network settings, user profiles & Firmware update are not available offline.

I think everything else should be possible. You can configure your strip layouts, custom strips and setup all of your routing.

Hope that helps.

That is great news! I certainly appreciate the testing that you had to do to construct this reply. As always, great support from Allen & Heath.

Now I’ll complete the dual rack installation and get some local support to help in training the guys on setting up and using dual rack mode racks – just in time for our busy season.

Once again a big thank you.

Cheers

Jeff

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Jeff

Just to clarify that we do not support dual rack or expander functionality offline at all. You will only be able to configure routing strip layouts etc for a single Mixrack setup (1-64 DSP channels).

Sorry if my last post was confusing?

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of JH75
    JH75
    Participant

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers

Jeff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.