Playback into console from Dante???

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Playback into console from Dante???

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of huffditty huffditty 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of huffditty
    huffditty
    Participant

Hi guys,

We have a T-112 and Idr48 setup at our church. I am interested in the Dante card for our setup, but I want to make sure that it will do what I am looking for. The biggest thing for us is have the ability to multi-track the weekend services, which I know it can do. But, I want to have playback directly back to the matching channel strip for system tuning and staff practice. Is this possible?

Thank you all!

Jason

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Yes! And done with one button press to change the input source from normal inputs to the Dante record channels

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

huffditty
    Participant

That is great news! Is that in the board firmware I suppose. I personally have a Presonus studio live, each channel has the ability to playback the stem by enabling the firewire return. So I assume it is something similar to that?

Thank you stix! You made my day

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

@richard:

You already received a Dante card?

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

No unfortunately I don’t have one yet! ok I shud quantify my reply- yes it’s my understanding that Dante will be able to provide multichannel record/ playback and by using the mixer prefs audio sync networks global port B switch you shud be able to return multiple recorded tracks back into the ilive channels for virtual sound check. This should be the same way that MADI is handled now. Check out Graham Whites utube video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUkmkOo-
    Now if I’m wrong then I apologize! We should know soon I hope!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

huffditty
    Participant

Does the Dante card “have” to reside in the Mixrack? We currently have no open spots, with our Aviom card in there. But we could reconfigure our setup to have the Aviom card in the console. Also, does playback require another scene to be setup, can you not route it just in revers in the same scene to the same channel.

I am hearing mid February for a release, I can’t wait.

Thanks guys!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.