bfc 2000 preset

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions bfc 2000 preset

This topic contains 27 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of to-pse to-pse 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

has anybody made one?

tips and tricks welcome

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Likewise bcr2000 ;), I bought one cheap just in case it ended up being handy for the iLive… it’s been sitting on the shelf for some time now!

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

I just made one for the BCF2000 this weekend. It’s probably more complicated to upload a preset than to make one yourself (using the “Learn” functionality :-) (see posts below)

I already contacted Behringer to ask them to consider also allowing Increment mode for Program Change so that I could use the BCF also as a scene controller with increment+GO in one button-click. No hopes for a quick response though :-)
    I have 8DCA’s that are scene save assigned to the faders for controlling balance between groups of instruments and mics without affecting the scenes and also not affected by the scenes. For day to day balance tweaking. The four encoder groups (4 times 8 rotary encoders) I assigned to the fader level of all 32 input channels of my IDR32, for now. :-)

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

hmm i think i wait till 1.8 is out before i wrek my nerves with this behringerjavaforbeginners thang,
    i heard in 1.8 more midi is “released”

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mumu

hmm i think i wait till 1.8 is out before i wrek my nerves with this behringerjavaforbeginners thang

It’s a lot easier than you might think.

Connect iLive MIDI Out to BCF MIDI In, and the other direction as well.

While clicking on “Learn” on the bcf, move the bcf fader or rotary control. Then, on the iLive, move the fader you want to control. BCF says “Good”. Repeat for every fader. Store, Done.

Wouter

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

Concerning long MIDI cable runs.

I’m testing to connect the BCF to the editor PC via USB. On the other end of the network, I’ll be using an USB MIDI interface, connected via a little Sharkoon USB server that’s sitting next to my iLive. That way I also have my MIDI over Lan.

Wouter

Biggsounds
    Participant

Wouter, very keen to hear how you go with the midi over LAN solution – I’ve done the direct connection to the iDR with the bcr2000 and as mentioned the ‘learn’ functionality works well…the ability to transmit over LAN is really the last bit of the puzzle for this to be quite useful!

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by woutert

Concerning long MIDI cable runs.

I’m testing to connect the BCF to the editor PC via USB. On the other end of the network, I’ll be using an USB MIDI interface, connected via a little Sharkoon USB server that’s sitting next to my iLive. That way I also have my MIDI over Lan.

Wouter

does not IP-midi https://nerds.de/en/ipmidi.html already give you this functionality without the sharkoon box or am I missing something….?

RayS

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by RayS

Quote:
    does not IP-midi https://nerds.de/en/ipmidi.html already give you this functionality without the sharkoon box or am I missing something….?

RayS

IPMIDI is to connect to MIDI software synths or other softwares that run on a remote computer via the LAN that connect the two computers. Not what I was looking for. I checked it out before. I just needed a physical MIDI interface remotely via the IP network. I don’t want to have to install a second computer on top of my Mixrack. That USB Server measures 4cmx4cmx2cm :-)

Wouter

PS: I also use it to remotely control my DBX260 via USB-RS232 interface.

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by RayS

Quote:

RayS

IPMIDI is to connect to MIDI software synths or other softwares that run on a remote computer via the LAN that connect the two computers. Not what I was looking for. I checked it out before. We need a physical MIDI interface remotely via the IP network. I don’t want to have to install a second computer on top of my Mixrack. That USB Server measures 4cmx4cmx2cm :-)

Wouter

Ah, OK, I was looking at it from a 2 computer install as this is what I have now! but that should still work either way……

RayS

Biggsounds
    Participant

RayS, I’m doing exactly what you were thinking – I have a laptop at the rack (running lights via USB to DMX, remotely controlled from the FOH laptop, and soon recording via the shiny new Dante card!), but looking at that ipMIDI link it seems to refer specifically to using it with applications on the connected computers – do you need to be running a program to get the midi data in and out, or does it simply act as a bridge between connected midi devices (so the USB behringer unit & a USB midi interface at the other pc)?

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Biggsounds

do you need to be running a program to get the midi data in and out, or does it simply act as a bridge between connected midi devices (so the USB behringer unit & a USB midi interface at the other pc)?

I’ll be testing that this weekend. I think we’ll need some kind of MIDI forwarding program to connect one MIDI in interface with another MIDI Out on the same computer. In your case MIDI In via IPMIDI and MIDI Out via the Physical MIDI interface.

Wouter

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Biggsounds

do you need to be running a program to get the midi data in and out, or does it simply act as a bridge between connected midi devices (so the USB behringer unit & a USB midi interface at the other pc)?

I’ll be testing that this weekend. I think we’ll need some kind of MIDI forwarding program to connect one MIDI in interface with another MIDI Out on the same computer. In your case MIDI In via IPMIDI and MIDI Out via the Physical MIDI interface.

Wouter

From what I understand, in mac os X, audio/midi setup page, you can set up a midi network sessions and from there select what interface (s) will be used as midi in and midi out, if you keep using network midi sessions, no extra program should be needed…. using midi monitor https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/ to “test” this, all behaves as it should, I will try later with a physical midi interface added to the network as well as a idr 32……

RayS

Biggsounds
    Participant

I’m running windows 7 on pc, so I might have to find an equivalent :(

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Gijsbert
    Gijsbert
    Participant

quote:

Hello woutert,

What you are looking for is Maplemidi, (www.maplemidi.com), a virtual midi cable. Install on your computer and you will have 4 midi in and 4 midi out ports!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.