Names for Devices – Network settings…

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Names for Devices – Network settings…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

Hi guys, just a qucik warning. Dont evenr have spaces in any of the device names under network settings! this will mean the editor will not connect.
    this is a bug i believe as you should not be able to type in characters that will ‘break’ things… if you know what i mean. its just like when naming a PC, windows wont let you use a space, its an illegal charater. ilive software needs to have this feature too!
    its not different to pressing a certain key or combination and then having the console crash.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Jeremy

The default iLive device names already have spaces in so i do not think this will be your issue. If you have some more specific info on what characters will lead to editor not connecting and a reproduce procedure please let me know.

What are the names of your devices when Editor will not connect?

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

Ok I’ve done some further investigation….
    Spaces are fine, so are dashes. But if I name the surface ‘T112 – 1’, then we get not connection. This across all surfaces and mixracks etc.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for the info, We are investigating the issue.

Regards
    Sam
    A&H

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.