Editor – problems with graphics/hang

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Editor – problems with graphics/hang

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Running ILive Editor v.1.71 on 32bit Windows 7.

No desk, only editor connected to IDR48 via LAN cable – no wireless.

I’m having problems with the editor freezing. Can’t control anything, but i can close down the editor (and save ex. custom layer) by clicking the upper right corner X.

It’s a clean Windows 7 install, no add. software.

It’s not the “System Busy” or the disconnect-error, it’s like the graphics are freezing somehow.

I have a show (my first show without a surface!) this saturday, and would love to solve the problem as soon as possible.

Anyone?

(Laptop, Pent4 2.13GHz, 3gb ram, 1900×1200)

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Are you running it on the Pentium4, 1900 x 1200 res laptop? If so then then you will need a pretty good graphic’s card with dedicated video ram – especially with Windows 7! More info is required about your setup! Perhaps try a lower screen resolution setting.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

It’s a Dell XPS Gen2 laptop, whch has a GeForce-something videocard.

It runs Counter-Strike in 1900×1200 with 32 fps, so i guess it’s fast enough for the ILive editor.. :)

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hi Kole,

Sounds like a strange problem.

2 Ideas, first could you provide the model number of your processor, I’m inclined to agree with Richard, Editor is hungry and it might just be a performance issue.

A straight P4 2.2Ghz released Q2 2004 will give an independent benchmark of 279, we recommend 1000 ! You can check your processor model number here for performance:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

Second it may be a Java VM issue could you post the output of

java -version

at a command prompt ?

My best guess would be the laptop h/w though, we also play counter strike here, but its an old game, how old is the laptop ?

Hope this helps.

Andy
    A&H

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Might be it. Turns out, that it’s a Pentium M 2.13 GHz, which has a benchmark at 536.
    My other laptop, a small acer, has a Pentium SU4100 1.3 Ghz at 984, but with much slower graphics. Perhaps it’ll work…

I’ll check the java -version as soon as possible. Thanks so far! :-)

K

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.