Adding additional Main Mix

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Adding additional Main Mix

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stix Stix 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lukeduke95
    lukeduke95
    Participant

Hello,

First off, I don’t do the mixing for our shows… I have a few techs for that. I coordinate production, including use of our sound system. We just got a T112 & IDR48 to use for our events. My guys are perfectly at home mixing on the iLive, but when figuring out other things I feel like they are just pressing buttons aimlessly…

What I’d like to do is have one more main mix available. Left, Right, Fill, Sub would be perfect. The current templates max out at 3 outputs… l/r/sub, l/r/center+… I’m brand new to this, but trying to figure out how to add one more main mix so I can use it for front or side fills. Sometimes it would be nice… It can take the same feed as the l/r and send it to the Fill main.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Really, it is probably very easy but I’ve been running through various pdf’s on A&H’s site, tons of threads on this one and feel I probably just missed it somewhere.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Just set up some matrix output channels. They can be mono or stereo and you could have them for side fill,front fills, recording feeds etc. The matrix channels derive signals from main or group channels. They have full processing available (eq,comp/limiter etc). Many users use matrix channels to feed all main outputs including L/R speakers by setting the normal LR faders to 0dB, have no processing active (bypass geq etc), then bury the main faders in a layer out of sight. Then set up your mixrack outputs to be the matrix feeds and you should be sorted. There are other discussions about this type of set up on the forum. Search for “Matrix” should work.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.