multir racks and Dante

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions multir racks and Dante

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF VOLCANOJEFF 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

Specking out a system for a larger install. I know with out a lot of infromation as of yet, this is a shot in the dark Question, but maybe we can get an Idea form future uses. I would like to run an Idr64 and Idr32 in dual rack mode with a I-Live 177/s as control surface. Whats the chances that we will still be able to pull a Dante card into one of the racks or the modular suface and patch a 64 channel split to be able to record or feed to another room. Again kinda not sure just asking. I would think possible but may be missing something in current firmware that would not support this set up. But this would work really nice for the intended purpose if it may be possible.[:D]

JEFF FLOWERS
    VOLCANO ADUIO PRODUCTS
    SHEPHERDSVILLE KY-USA

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Jeff

quote:

Whats the chances that we will still be able to pull a Dante card into one of the racks or the modular suface and patch a 64 channel split to be able to record or feed to another room

Yes this is possible with dual rack. When you connect a dual rack system you link portB of the master rack to portA of the slave rack. This then leaves port B of the slave rack free to fit a module card of your choice.

You can then tunnel channels 1-64 from the master rack to the port b in the slave via the slave rack or send out channels 65-128 straight from the slave rack.

More information on Dual Rack can be found from the link below

https://www.ilive-digital.com/Downloads/Understanding%20Dual%20Rack%20Mode%20in%20iLive.pdf

Hope this helps

Sam
    A&H

Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

Thanks Sam.
    You guys are great. looking forward to working with theses boards more in the future. I love mixing on these consoles.

JEFF FLOWERS
    VOLCANO ADUIO PRODUCTS
    SHEPHERDSVILLE KY-USA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.