Show cue System

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Show cue System

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sil1182 Sil1182 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sil1182
    Sil1182
    Participant

I’m a sound designer for my university theatre, and we’re trying to decide on some new performance software. Now the TD is very PC and showed me this “Show Cue System” and i was curious if anyone else out there has used it and what your thoughts on it were, pros-cons. etc…

i’m familiar with the mac based QLab, and the SFX 6.

“let their be rock”

Profile photo of sound
    sound
    Participant

Using it a lot – great program, great support.
    Highly recommended.

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

cons?
    it´s not free :-)

greetings from hamburg

Profile photo of lawbass61
    lawbass61
    Participant

Really like it.

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Big thumbs up from me on SCS; you can run your entire show with it if you’re using a digital console; pre-show music, FX, scene changes, the lot. It’s not free, but it’s certainly not expensive. Anyway, good software with decent support is rarely going to be free. Ade.

T112, R72
    iDR32, iDR48
    iStuff

Profile photo of mjpruzin
    mjpruzin
    Participant

I’ve used SCS and had a positive experience while guest designing for a local university (although it’s been a few years now). It certainly is an excellent and reasonably priced solution. I would recommend considering SFX or Qlab over it mostly because it would be preferable to expose students to these programs as they are the more widely used options in the professional theatre world. If it’s a matter of using a PC and not being able to go SFX I would certainly use SCS but also try to find an old mac to have Qlab on as an alternative (but I’d try not to go older than the early intel based ones-I do have a G4 powerbook running Qlab 1 flawlessly, but it can be tempermental with ver 2). Best of luck.

M. Jason Pruzin
    Sound Designer/Engineer
    Arkansas Repertory Theatre

Profile photo of Sil1182
    Sil1182
    Participant

gotcha, thanks for the imput

“let their be rock”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.