GEQ FOR GROUP OF MICS

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions GEQ FOR GROUP OF MICS

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sraymond sraymond 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

Hello All And thanks
    Getting the opp to demo and use a Ilive for the first time this weekend for services at local church. In trying to configure to accomodate as closely as possible for the current volunteer sound guys and help them in deciding to purchase or not. I need a bit of help. There are 8 microphones on the choir area. They are currently through a VCA or in our digital case I have set up a DCA so that they can control muting and volumn at a single fader. I would like to be able to have a GEQ to be able to have more frequency control over those 8 mics as a whole. I am thinking that I likely need to run these through a GROUP to give me that capability. then rought back to the Main out. or should/could it still go through the DCA to help in keeping them in line with what they are used to controlling.
    First time usig the I Live.[:)] My two cents Great console, and love the sound, features and flexibility. The gents I am working with, although volunteers, have great attitudes about trying something different. They are navigating the board and working with the little knowledge that I have shared with them. Very user friendly.

JEFF FLOWERS
    VOLCANO ADUIO PRODUCTS
    SHEPHERDSVILLE KY-USA

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

thats the way -route em through a group (remeber to disable straight to master therfeore they run through the group “only” to the master) have your geq on the group,and las tbut not least lesve the dca as it is,it will still bee working

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

MUMU,
    Thanks, also another thing I love about I-Live the forum with so many that are willing to share.

And I agree wit you on the Yamaha Conspiracy and Dante. I think that A&H will be way ahead of alot of others when they actually can offer this. The Church we are demoing in Has a Yamaha m3000a. HUGE difference in Quality and control of dynamics on the Ilive[:D]

JEFF FLOWERS
    VOLCANO ADUIO PRODUCTS
    SHEPHERDSVILLE KY-USA

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

trust me, dante delay was not yamaha’s fault, as much as I like to blame them for everything wrong with the industry. :-)
    The Dante cards for Yamaha are 16ch only. The Brooklyn module for 64 channels were still in production and should be available pretty soon according to my “secret” sources. That is the true reason for the hold up.
    Glad you are enjoying the iLive, it will be a world of difference from the M3000. I did a similar upgrade on a local church here from a M2500. They don’t even know what hit them. The fact that we upgraded their PA to d&b at the same time also helped. :)

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

Jeff,

Just a note to mention. You can gang those mics and just select EQ and maybe the lowpass for control. Hitting “Select” on any of those mic channels and adjusting EQ will change all of them. Of course the parametric is the only EQ available in the channels and you likely want some individual conrol of EQ in which case this won’t work but still a handy tool to keep in mind.

You could gang several groups(or any of the outputs) for GEQ control and have individual parametric conrol of the groups however.

Scott

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.