M7CL iPad app is out.

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions M7CL iPad app is out.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Biggsounds Biggsounds 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ian-Auger
    Ian-Auger
    Participant

Well, Yamaha was first on the block. They’ve released their StageMix iPad app for the M7CL. See thread at PSW forum for comments from users. https://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/62114/0/

I checked out the demo mode (had to reboot the iPad before it would work). It’s very nice, great feel overall. Multi-touch faders!! And I REALLY like the way “pinch” feels to adjust Q width. Seems nice & easy to get around, Sends On Faders seems well laid-out. I like the graphical fader mini-views at the top, but I wonder how important that would be… maybe a waste of space? I don’t know if I’d rather “swipe” to get to faders further down, but StageMaster’s single tap “groups of 8” seems to work very well. No control over dynamics at all, but one would think that that is in the works.

OK A&H. Time to one-up Yammy… bring on the superior iPad console app for the superior console!

Still. Patiently. Waiting.

Ian

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

If nothing else the iLive app would (you’d assume) retain the graphic eq from the tweak app (the M7CL app only has parametric eqs so far as I can tell). I agree though, the functionality is great in the yamaha app.

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of john@eartsinc
    john@eartsinc
    Participant

I gotta say, as much as I despise yamaha, the app is pretty smooth. And it’s free! We are getting very impatient here A&H. What is the deal???

John
    System Integrator
    Entertainment Arts Inc.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Of course…there is the teensy weensy hurdle of getting a Yamaha console to work wirelessly in any reliable way [:)]. Dying for the new iLive app though.

T112, R72
    iDR32, iDR48
    iStuff

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

Looks pretty awesome. Saw it on a demo yesterday.
    should be out pretty soon according to “the source”.
    But we all heard that before.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.

Ian-Auger
    Participant

Ok that’s just not fair. Us poor folk isolated in the Great White North have no way to get a demo of this app… So A&H, haven’t you made us wait long enough? How about even just a few screenshots? C’mon… Be a sport.

And, can you give even the slightest inkling of when you “think” it might be released? Or even “hope” to? Anything to just give us “something” to look forward to!

Ian

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I second that; I work with a touring electronica band, soundcheck with the R72 and then strike FOH and mix the show wirelessly on a MacBook Pro. But my mouse button will only click on one thing at a time and the workflow isn’t as quick. We’ve got IOS 4.2 now so come on guys, what’s the news? Ade

T112, R72
    iDR32, iDR48
    iStuff

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

why not use simple tablet pc via desktop-remote?

the problem you´ll get with an ipad is, that you must be carefull with the touch!
    you may change parameter, if you touch the ipad accidental!
    that´s what not gonna happen, if you use an tablet pc.

greetings from hamburg

Ian-Auger
    Participant

I have a Motion tablet running Editor. I really don’t like the fact that everything is crammed in tight and you have to be very precise with movements. That’s fine for when you’re sitting still, but standing on stage or walking around I find it quite impractical. And using a stylus on the tablet screen doesn’t really feel “right” to me (although WAY better than a trackpad/mouse thats for sure). Plus on long shows the tired old battery on my old Motion tablet just doesn’t cut it… and I don’t always remember to keep it charging. And the tablet is bulky. And I keep misplacing the damn stylus! (I’m easily distracted in the “heat of the battle” [:)] )

I’ve been using iTweak on an iPad and it is WAY more “elegant” to use on the fly. Big controls… finger touch… lightweight. You’re certainly correct about accidentally touching something on the iPad… but personally I feel just as intimidated having to pay close attention to what i’m actually touching with the stylus on a crowded tablet screen.

But all I can do with it is basic tweaking. So I’m very eager to see what this new iPad app will do!! I want to stand beside the artist and perfect his monitor mix right there with him.

Ian

Profile photo of john@eartsinc
    john@eartsinc
    Participant

I also viewed this demo of the iLive iPad app. The rumor is we will see this app by NAM. If you want a preview, check out the Yamaha Stage Mix App. It is much better than that app, but similar in appearance.Far more functionality. Looking forward to it. Sorry for not taking some quick snapshots.

John
    System Integrator
    Entertainment Arts Inc.

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Aaah! It’s all too much of a tease! Really looking forward to seeing this app, I think it’ll bring a lot more supporters on board – the touring engineers I’ve had on my system have been impressed with everything about it, this would be icing on the cake!

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.