is it me or the update? rta view above faders

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions is it me or the update? rta view above faders

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

firstime out with 71 firmware and did not have the “meters going” on the auxes graph (graph on faders) on the master its there…

hints welcome

hey had a yamaha ing. at the desk and he made it sound like a yamaha [;)]what a cool desk i have…

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

So tell me Dave why would you want it to sound like a Yamaha or is that where I am going wrong all these years.
    Greetings from a rainy field in Kent [:D]

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

there are plenty of young engineers in switzerland and they (mostly) come from yamaha land (digitally spoken)
    they are basically good engineers BUT a bunch of screamers their mixes sound like the yamaha desks (crying cristals aargh)
    they use so much compression,their mixes sound like loudnesswar mp3s (in switzerland we call these wav files fondue turds),
    the front sound is always at the edge no space left, they do not understand how to create “volume/power sensation” with the subs,
    they do not understand how, through a show, one can have relaxing moments…if a tribute to ac/dc band plays ROCKER but the next song on the list is THE JACK i usually bring down the front approx 10 percent (down to 102db), to be able being back “up” full power for THE JACK (108db harhar) wich makes it huge and so on….what can i say i am getting old……
    ps: and they havent ever heard of a thing called “midfrequencies” and use gates on floortoms…

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

I am grateful for your knowledge it will help me steer clear of that kind of thing,Love the phrase “Fondue Turd” I will remember that for sure.
    I shall just count myself lucky I deal with mostly Classical (it has Dynamics) and a couple of veteran Prog artists that just throw curved balls all the time.
    Ah well greetings still raining but no longer in Kent.

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

Question –

Is the RTA pre or post EQ? …Anybody know?

Cheers
    Graham

http://www.TotalLiveSound.com

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

Hi mumu,

The RTA follows PAFL – you may know this..
    so if you have to PAFL the mix that you have GEQ fader flipped.

or you havent got the GEQ peak meter mode selected and your mix is not hot in level. Check mixer surface setup preferences ‘show RTA peak band’.

hope this helps.

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by robc

Hi mumu,

The RTA follows PAFL – you may know this aready but it can confuse people.
    So you have to PAFL the mix that you have GEQ fader flipped in order to see the RTA data on the meters.

Or you havent got the GEQ peak meter mode selected and your mix is not hot in level and the RTA meters are too cool. Check mixer surface setup preferences ‘show RTA peak band’.

hope this helps.

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

yep that was it i`ve forgotten it ….thanks

cheers
    dave

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.