Dante Help 2 racks plus record

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Dante Help 2 racks plus record

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stix Stix 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of servant812
    servant812
    Participant

Hi,
    We are about to purchase a T112 with iDR64 and a T80 with iDR32 for our church with two campuses. For our christmas event this year we plan to use the two surfaces on the same rack (Which im not sure if you can do) and use the second rack to add extra channels to the main rack(Not sure if i can use Dante between racks) then use dante to record all 64ch off the iDR64. Is this possible and how?
    Im just trying to find the best way to run FOH, Monitors and Record with this setup.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

To use two surfaces (FOH & Monitor) you will have to use two mixracks (IDR64 and IDR32) linked via suitable port B cards such as ACE, MADI, Dante etc. This will give you a SPLIT of 64 channels (32 output busses) that both surfaces can access. The 64 inputs can be patched in from either mixrack or surface connections but you still can only have a maximum 64 channels available to mix at a time in this split mode. My understanding is that you can use Dante (when it’s available) to link the mixracks and provide a multi record out to Dante virtual soundcard at the same time- the channels used for linking mixracks will also be the record busses – however I wouldn’t count on the Dante cards being available before Christmas. Someone here said January?
    If you need to mix more channels then you could connect the mixracks together in Dual rack mode -In your case that would give you 96 XLR inputs (64+32) plus your surface inputs and you’d have 128 DSP mix channels available (64 each rack). You would need an ACE card in the master rack port B and connect this to the slave rack Port A ACE connection. I think you could then also put a Dante card in the slave PORT B to provide record outs etc. The catch with Dual Rack mode is you can’t connect the second surface or do a full split. You would need to use a PC/Editor to do a monitor mix or do monitors from FOH.
    Hope that helps

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.