two racks two surfaces ?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions two racks two surfaces ?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Focus-Studio Focus-Studio 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Focus-Studio
    Focus-Studio
    Participant

the question is: Can i have the addition of inputs and outputs of two racks ( Ex : idr 48 +idr 32 equal 80 inputs and 40 out ) and work with them all together with the two T112 foh and stage…?

Andreas
    idr48 /idr 32 2x t112
    firmware 1.70
    Thanks

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

Hi Andreas,
    I’m not 100% sure I understand the question, but here is an attempt:
    Each rack is capable of mixing 64 channels. If you use them in a split format, you can select inputs to come from either your local system rack (FOH for example), or PortB, which is coming from the other system (Mon). I believe that Preamp functions still needs to be controlled by the monitor system.

If you use this as a DualRack system, you won’t be able to use both surfaces, but you gain more inputs on a single system.

Doesn’t sound like the answer you were hoping for, but hope it helps a little.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.

Focus-Studio
    Participant

the question is can i have a total of 80 inputs and 40 outs with my two idr 48 and 32 and connect my two t112 simultaneously one for foh and one for stage

Thanks
    Andreas…

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Adreas,
    This is not possible for the moment. maybe with an future upgrade.
    You can have the two racks work together to have more inputs and outputs but with just one surface ( and multiple laptop editors) OR you can use the two racks with the two surface connected to each one and have the racks digital connected to share the ins and outs.

Regards

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

No you can’t directly mix all 80 x 40 together and have two surfaces – Gil did answer your question. In split mode (with two compatible port B cards) you can use any of the 80 inputs from either mixrack and assign them to a maximum of 64 processing channels in each mixrack. You are also limited to a maximum of 32 mix busses in each mixrack – which you can freely assign to any of the outputs on either mixrack. You can connect two T112’s in this configeration with independent processing. So in effect you have two 64×32 mixers that can access 80 x 40 connections. Now If you wanted you could submix some channels in one mixrack, and then feed this submix to the other system and vica-versa and actually have 80 channels mixed via two mixracks – But it would be messy as two sound engineers would really need to know what was going where and they would have to rely on each others submix’s!

In DualRack mode (Master ACE Port B to Slave ACE Port A)you can mix any of your 80 XLR inputs plus 16 x T112 surface connections as you now have 128 DSP channels – in this mode both mixrack’s processing is used – 64ch x 2! However you still only have 32 mix busses and are limited to 8 FX and as Gil said you can’t connect a second surface in this mode. You can still do a monitor mix via Editor though.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Focus-Studio
    Participant

thanks a lot for your precision in the answer .

Focus Studio
    Andreas Apessos

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.