pl 6 strangeness

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions pl 6 strangeness

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

hmm is there a limit with cat5 cable lenghth and the pl 6 ?
    i ran a show tonight and it kept reanouncing itself constantly (log)
    in one miute approx 3 times….i use it at the front with a 35 meter cat 5 that works perfectly if i use the rack with the console (so i thought it might be a power issue coz of it`s lenght)
    hints welcome

(yes i did the swap cable routine)

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Dave,

there is a PL calculator in the download section. i thought that the overall cable length was 500 meters. That includes all the interconnections between PL controllers.

Kind regards
    Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

hm so it must be a device problem…thanks

found it : if the wireless router is to close to the rack it can interfear with the rack (or cable) just put it away approx 5meters and its fine.

as a side effect i could not save scenes/shows anymore probably coz the software cannot write if it is getting log (found pl6) messages.(as a workaround simply unplug the pl6)

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.