scene list does not follow midi triggered scene

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions scene list does not follow midi triggered scene

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of woutert woutert 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

a problem or I should say annoyance I am running into…….in a show that has +100 midi triggered scenes, when I update the scene just recalled I am actually updating the selected scene in the scene list instead! the list selection(in either the editor or the surface) does not follow the recall but, the proper scene is recalled……..

so a few times already I updated the wrong scene with info that did not belong there ( usually the first scene of my list as this the last one selected)….. am I missing a preference somewhere that can allow me to have the list follow my actual midi triggered scene???

RayS

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Hi Ray
    I don’t think this is yet possible – Lets hope it gets added to the wish list – either an option to “Update the current scene” or a “Scene manager follow (Midi) recall” option.

Anyone know if this is also a problem with PL remote scene recalls or user key recalls?

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of lawbass61
    lawbass61
    Participant

I agree Ray, same thing has happened to me. I would at least like an “undo” so if I do it by accident I can fix it. But even better would be as you say a follow.

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Profile photo of dschmoldt
    dschmoldt
    Participant

I’ve asked for this several times since I got my iLive in February. I’ve overwritten way too many scenes because of it.

I don’t think a single rep from A&H has replied, not even to say “it’s on the list” or “we don’t consider it a bug”.

To me, this is the biggest drawback to a wonderful mixer. I just don’t think A&H thinks so.

My only solution has been to not recall scenes through MIDI. This has all sorts of other drawbacks, but at least I’m not overwriting scenes.

David Schmoldt

Profile photo of lawbass61
    lawbass61
    Participant

I had a delightful conversation with Dave Lewty recently. He advises that A & H is aware of the needs of us “theater” folks, and that A&H is actively working on developing some changes to the iLive system that are theater work appropriate. If you look at the driver developments that have been made in the past, it is obvious that A & H is listening, its just time consuming to write, bug check, and then implement new updates. Anyone at A & H able to tell us where in the process we are to make the iLive more “theater” friendly? Thanks.

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

Just went into premiere with a new iLive drive show and I can testify the same thing.

1. Scene lists on all machines should follow MIDI-recalls or recalls on any other machine. (within the same scene playlist! as scene recalls can be used also to change the setup of PL-devices for instance)

2. and the availability of scene fading are prio 1.

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

PS I promised A&H some more input, I’ll do that in november as I finally have some more time now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.