ILive idr surface and 3 macs…..

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions ILive idr surface and 3 macs…..

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

I need to set up a network where 2 macbook pros will contain master show tracks and back up tracks and a third will contain musicians midi files and other orchestral cues from a remote location in the pit…….all audio from these go to iLive idr rack……and R72 surface…….the back-up mac will also have the ilive editor on it (wired)……and screen sharing control of the pit’s mac (I would also like to have that wired)………if I count the 2 available network ports on the idr and the one on the r72 surface. Can I connect all in a network without the addition of a external router..?? will I be able to “talk” address individual macs on this network……or should I just get and external router.??………(wireless is not needed for this particular exercise..)

Thanks

RayS

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

another post from guyharris:

“It would be good to see which other users are online at any given time. I don’t know if there is an interface to the ‘server / router’ function through HTML, but I certainly haven’t found it (and I’ve tried.)

G

http://www.pianojam.nl

greetings from hamburg

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

I think you should be fine connecting 2 macs to lan ports. Just make sure they’re on same subnet with mixrack and surface.

ddff

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by ddff_lv

I think you should be fine connecting 2 macs to lan ports. Just make sure they’re on same subnet with mixrack and surface.

ddff

but I need to connect 3! I guess I could connect 2 at the mix rack and the other at the surface!?

I did get a wireless router though, just in case, so all is fine…….I was just curious to know if all the macs connected to the mixrack and surface would behave as in a regular network even though they are not using the editor?

thanks

RayS

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by RayS

Quote:

.I was just curious to know if all the macs connected to the mixrack and surface would behave as in a regular network even though they are not using the editor?

thanks

RayS

yep it does! got a nice network set up with 3 macs a R72 surface and IDR 32 rack!

RayS

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi selfmade

quote:

“It would be good to see which other users are online at any given time. I don’t know if there is an interface to the ‘server / router’ function through HTML, but I certainly haven’t found it (and I’ve tried.)

We have had this feature request before, in v1.8 in the connections page you will be able to view the number of (AHNet) connections that are held open in the Mix Rack. 2 by default for Surface & Touchscreen and then other connections will be iLive Editor, Tweak connections etc.

hope this helps

Sam A&H

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.