T80 Bank 2 Layer Switching problem

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions T80 Bank 2 Layer Switching problem

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of abstractnoise abstractnoise 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of abstractnoise
    abstractnoise
    Participant

Hi guys

Anyone else with a T80 that occasionally decides it doesn’t want to select away from Layer A on Bank 2? Ours has done this occasionally and has usually cleared itself by rebooting the surface. Today it hasn’t, so I’ve had to explain to a new user over the phone how to revive blank channel strips in Bank 1 to control Aux mixes.

Nasty. Is this likely to be a fault with the surface, or with the software, do we think? Any tricks I can try (full Firmware/Hardware resets aside) to clear or narrow down the causes of this issue?

“A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kickboxing.”
    -unknown.

abstractnoise
    Participant

Grrr. It’s gone from doing it once in every 3 weeks or so, to twice today, both at rather crucial times. Managed to clear it earlier today by pressing one of the scene buttons on the bottom right of the desk – no idea which it actually was as they’re all disabled in mix pref’s. Just wondered if it could have been a sticky button, so I went through each one in turn until I was left with the scene buttons. Went through them in turn, no effect. Then a couple of seconds later it responded again.

*Live update:* Just pressed layer C button harder than usual and the switching came back to life. Let’s see if that repeats itself…

“A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kickboxing.”
    -unknown.

abstractnoise
    Participant

Hmmmâ„¢

So I have had the desk sent of for repair and it’s come back with a new PSU and a new Bank 2 Layer switch PCB. The problem’s still there… Think I’ll try for a firmware upgrade to 1.71 to see if that cures it (not that the temporary replacement desk running 1.70 had the same issues, but worth a thought anyway). If that doesn’t cure it, I’ll try a complete rebuild of the show file in case something corrupted there. I *really* don’t want the hassle of having the desk sent off for repair a second time, and all that entails for us all!

Take it nobody else has seen this issue at all?

Work web: https://www.allsouls.org
    Home web: https://abstractnoise.wordpress.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.