Multiple Sub Sends Different Delays

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Multiple Sub Sends Different Delays

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sraymond sraymond 13 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of styler1982
    styler1982
    Participant

So here is my deal. I have a sub array flown. I also have a few boxes on the floor. I am using the LRSub config. I can assign multiple outputs to the sub bus no problem. The issue is my floor boxes are a few feet behind the flown boxes. Anyone have a thought on how I can delay the other line separately? Right now the only delay option I can find is on the Sub mix itself and not on the outputs so any delay would affect all the boxes. The tops are no problem as they are a separate bus than the subs obviously.

Appreciate any insight.

Stephen Tyler
    Coordinator of Technical Operations
    ACM@UCO
    http://www.acm-uco.com
    iLive T-112/iDR-32

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i would try it with a matrix, the floor speakers (in this case your “standard” sub out) would have no delay- then the flown ones
    through a matrix delayed.

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Don’t have a mixer in front of me – is it possible to send SUB out to matrix?

ddff

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

my vote is with the Matrix, you have all the control in the world then.

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by ddff_lv

Don’t have a mixer in front of me – is it possible to send SUB out to matrix?

ddff

Yes and looks like it should work well. From the block diagram it looks like a matrix fed from a main/aux is taken pre-delay and selectable pre/post fader. So the Main/Sub feeds would have their delays and the other subs would have their own delay on the matrix feed. It might be in the Manual but I couldn’t find it and am going by the block diagram. Please correct me if I’m seeing this wrong!

Scott

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.