xDR16 off unused port A ACE?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions xDR16 off unused port A ACE?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Biggsounds Biggsounds 13 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

I’d assume this would be a long shot, but I’m wondering if, seeing as how I’m running my iDR32 without a control surface (ie laptop control), and therefore am not using my ACE port, could that port be used to connect the new xDR unit? I’m assuming probably not (that would be too easy!), but if so it would certainly add a world of possibilities to my existing setup.
    I’ve got a Uni looking seriously at an iLive system, and this would be a huge selling point for networking their theatres!!!

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Adam

I’m afraid this configuration will not be possible in 1.8 firmware. You will be able to put a Port B slot in the xDR16 though.

Thanks for your thoughts, i will forward your ideas, what other possibilities were you thinking?

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

The tech support guys at the Uni were happy with the idea of laptop/pc control rather than a console, the ability to link off port A would be a big bonus in terms of keeping the cost down more than anything else (no need for an option card at an extra xx$). They have 3 theatres I’m thinking about linking (2 adjacent, one a short distance away) – the xDR units are a godsend for this particular install!
    But for my situation I was thinking that being able to use an xDR as a ‘drop box’ in a stage setup, but keep my (coming soon!) Dante card at the iDR rack suits me better as that’s where my computer etc are (for recording). Just wishful thinking really ;)

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.