iPad app at Plasa!!!

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iPad app at Plasa!!!

This topic contains 88 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of htae htae 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

So the Tweak app just got updated on the app store & says it will only work with 1.8… has anyone else seen 1.8 release stuff?!?

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

audionate has probably problems delivering the chip….my guess is a&h do not want to release 1.8 without testing
    dante, to me it makes sense, ANYWAY I WANT MY DANTE AAAARGHHHHH[;)]

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

I’d also love to see a port of the app to Android so that it can be released without the Apple quality control that seems to be one of the reasons for the delay. Moreover, this year a lot of tablets with Android will be released that are priced a lot more reasonable then Apple stuff.

just my 2 cents.

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of JustinSumrall
    JustinSumrall
    Participant

Patience is running low. I now officially think that Dante is a myth and the iPad app MIGHT be out by Christmas. An official statement by A&H on a time-line for both products would be greatly appreciated.

Justin Sumrall
    2-T112 2-IDR48

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

did already a daw preset show (dante playback)for soundcheck purpose
    it is my usual 30 channel split (30 foh 30 monitors)
    includes a console reset scene,a set first 30 channels to dante playback and a back to mic inputs scene
    if anyone wants it….no i dont have the card yet!!

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Profile photo of cjfryett
    cjfryett
    Participant

Can some one explain Dante to me ?

Biggsounds
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by cjfryett

Can some one explain Dante to me ?

Check out the Dante thread further down the forum – there’s been much discussion about what the system is and can do, as well as a bunch of people discussing how they intend to implement it – suffice to say there are a LOT of us waiting eagerly for this release!
    That thread has links in it too to external info from A&H and elsewhere.

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of john@eartsinc
    john@eartsinc
    Participant

Ok A&H. We are now 3 days into February. Where is the iPad app! Heard it was supposed to be out by the end of January. Starting to think that it’s never getting released.

John
    System Integrator
    Entertainment Arts Inc.

Profile photo of CallumB
    CallumB
    Participant

It’s live!

I’ve just checked the app store now and it’s online

Callum Brieske
    ML Consultants
    New Zealand

Profile photo of kubokovac
    kubokovac
    Participant

YES! what do you thik, is it worth to wait for new iPad?

T112/IDR32/mac mini + iiyama Prolite T2250

Profile photo of guyharris
    guyharris
    Participant

€79??????? WTF?!

http://www.pianojam.nl

Profile photo of servant812
    servant812
    Participant

The wait is over! Oh hang on no it’s not. Now I have to wait untill I can justify $120aud for an iPad app. Not happening.

If it was $30 that would be understandable and I know plenty of people that would buy it for the fun of it.

$60 would be pushing it.

$80 and it’s an investment. But no one I know could afford it.

$120…. Not a bloody chance.

AH you’ve just priced yourself out of 90% of your market.

And the fact that it took 3 months to find this out and I STILL can’t get my Dante I’m not happy at all.
    Try do some research next time.

Biggsounds
    Participant

Servant,
    I just sprung for the app (hint: go to Dick Smith electronics tomorrow and buy yourself some iTunes $50 cards while they’re selling them for 20% off retail!), and while I agree it is expensive, I also agree with Stix who mentioned he’s got lighting apps that cost this much and are worth it… I’ve been playing with it this evening, and while it doesn’t do absolutely everything that the editor or surface does, it’s pretty damn close!
    I run my system without a surface, and to get a 16 fader control surface for the cost of a base model iPad & this app it’s money well spent.
    I’ve checked out Yamaha’s M7CL app, and A&H’s app is in an altogether higher league – this you can actually mix a whole show on (the only limit to real time total control is lack of FX editing, let’s hope that’s coming!), including very comprehensive mix management – something the Yamaha app will never have because the desks themselves simply don’t have the onboard options that the iLive has.
    Sure, it’s $100, and I’d prefer to spend less, but in the context of a system which costs significantly less than much of the competition, and with a company which has implemented damn near EVERY user request for features in this app I’m willing to fork out for it (remember, they have a very limited user base to sell to, it’s not like it’ll be competing with Angry Birds on the app store rankings, so they’ve got to pay for the R&D to make this immensely powerful app).
    Wait for some of the user (and maybe video) reviews to come in & think again if you can justify the outlay….

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

got it very cool….i dont mind not having fex adjustments…BUT tha tab for the delay come on!!!

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Biggsounds
    Participant

Agreed Dave, who needs it huh? Seems like unnecessary processing power when the FX is not on board yet – for those who want delays they can always use the Tweak app

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.