iPad app at Plasa!!!

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iPad app at Plasa!!!

This topic contains 88 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of htae htae 13 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bob-Bickerton
    Bob-Bickerton
    Participant

My thoughts entirely. Assuming iPad2 has the features you mention it’s a no brainer to hold off until it is released – but the pain of waiting if the A&H iPad app is released in the meantime – I must be strong!

Bob

Home Page

Profile photo of john@eartsinc
    john@eartsinc
    Participant

iPad App should be out by the end of this month. Info comes from A&H via the NAMM show in California.

John
    System Integrator
    Entertainment Arts Inc.

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

HI all,

Here is the first picture for the ipad app: https://mikesgig.com/new-ipad-app-for-allen-heath-ilive/

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Hell yes! That looks amazing, and leaves Yamaha’s StageMix app for dead! Thank you A&H for listening so intently to what your customers need!!!

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Hey Biggsounds – I admit it looks good – but how can you tell it’s better than Stagemix from one picture and a brief editorial??

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Biggsounds
    Participant

Because it’s ours ;) ? No, from that it seems we’ll get dynamics, mic pre control (I didn’t expect that!), graphic eq control (which the m7cl doesn’t have because their on board is so limited!) & the RTA… Sounds like they’ve got nearly the whole kit and caboodle in there ;)
    Anyway, I’m looking forward to it – Tweak has been a blessing, this I think will be a real game changer for Allen & Heath’s digital fortunes.

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Correct answer is – It SOUNDS better!!! He He

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Biggsounds
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

Correct answer is – It SOUNDS better!!! He He

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

That bit was a given ;) I had to mix on an M7CL at the local Uni (I was brought in to mix the final year vocal majors performance exams) last year and it was just painful after getting used to the ilive – brittle and gutless (it was through a yamaha FOH which was more of the same, so that didn’t help either!)… I count my blessings I stuck with my gut and bought the A&H after many years of using their analog consoles!

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

One of the biggest assets for the Allen & Heath’s iPad app is it can be used on the complete iLive family not just the flagship model of a particular brand of desk.

Bet Yamaha’s LS-9 owners are feeling a bit left out unlike a iDR-16 and R-72 set up from A&H.

Its great that all the iLive hardware is interchangeable and everyone gets a update at the sametime.

… and +1 for the sound!

Cheers,

Gary.

iDR-32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad – sometime soon

Biggsounds
    Participant

Agreed Gary,
    The local uni has an M7CL at FOH & an LS9 for monitors… they’d be pretty unimpressed about now ;)

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

Just saw the app at NAMM last week.
    Looks amazing. It will do everything listed above and more. It will let you do just about everything you can think off, except for editing FX. Don’t quite know why. May have something to do with the touch screen computer.
    I heard it will cost $99 at the app store, but there will be some promotions with console purchase.
    End of the month release is what I heard.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.

Biggsounds
    Participant

It’s to be expected that it will cost something, but given that Yamaha & Presonus have both released their iPad apps as free downloads you’d think that would encourage A&H to keep the price a bit lower :(

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of kjell@jll.no
    kjell@jll.no
    Participant

I rather pay $100 and get something that is really good than getting something that is usable for free. The Iphone app is free, so if you just want “something” use that one. A price around $100 is something I’m willing to pay if it’s very good and they keep on making it better after the first release.

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

I was hoping it would be more around the £50 (UK) mark. Not sure how the exchange rates are worked out in iTunes.

Maybe the 99 $’s or £’s is worth it if the iPad app gets regular updates like editor and there is no extra charge for the upgraded version so once your 99 is paid that’s it…

With regards to a promotional discount with a console purchase bugs me cause anyone who would want this app will have purchased some iLive hardware at sometime!

It would be nice to see some info, pics, video of the app on the A&H website.

(Edit)
    Actually I’ve changed my mind, just been watching the presonus iPad video on Youtube and it appears its not a dedicated controller app for the Studio Live Desk its an app that can control another PC. Its called iTeleport and it just controls the computer that controls the desk. It would appear that this app could be used to control A&H’s editor in the same way.

So…
    Presonus is just an off the shelf app, no cost to them.
    Yamaha’s is free but only works with theM7 which is way out of my budget.
    A&H’s isn’t free but is dedicated to the mixer and not just a PC controller and can be used on the complete iLive range. The 99 $ or £ is seeming more realistic now!

Cheers,

Gary.

iDR-32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad – sometime soon

Profile photo of cjfryett
    cjfryett
    Participant

Come on A&H…..how much longer :)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 89 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.