Setting up Matrix in editor

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Setting up Matrix in editor

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 13 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of parsen
    parsen
    Participant

When selecting the MIX button on a matrix in editor, the channel ON buttons should not be visible to reflect that they are not routable to the matrix. Would make it more intuitive. Otherwise, you have to look at the block diagram to remind yourself of what is routable to the matrix.

best regards,
    Paul

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Never known a channel input be routable to a matrix on any other desk, some matrices have an external inputs though.
    Usually it is just outputs either groups or mains that will route to a matrix I believe.So is it not reasonable to leave the “channel on” indicator lit as this does tell you the channel is operational.

Profile photo of Marc-More-Stage
    Marc-More-Stage
    Participant

You can route inputs to matrices on Digico desks… so I agree with Paul.

regards,
    Marc

More Stage Services
    The Hague – Holland
    iLive 144 – R-72 – iDR10 – iDR16

Profile photo of josiaspicone
    josiaspicone
    Participant

On Yamaha too!

Solo se que no se nada

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

I think that’s Yamaha who confused DCA, subgroups and everything in one big mess. On yamaha DCA mute would not mute PRE AUXes. iLive is designed to have most “analog” interface, so I acts like any analog desk would do. So Matrix can receive signals only from buses, not inputs. And that is good, no confusion here.

ddff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.