new products released at plasa

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions new products released at plasa

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stix Stix 13 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

ilive xdr 16 expander https://www.ilive-digital.com/xdr16.html

and dante and rocknet modules with this info

The Dante audio interface card allows iLive systems to work with Audinate’s Dante audio networking solution, providing capacity for 64×64 bi-directional audio with full network redundancy. iLive MixRacks and modular surfaces with the RAB2 module can be fitted with the new slot-in card. A Dante Virtual Soundcard license will be included with purchases of the card, turning a PC or Mac into a Dante enabled device

The Rocknet RN.345.IL card fits into any iLive MixRack Port B expansion slot and provides an interface to 64 input and 64 output channels. A rotary switch on the front panel sets device identification and selection of up to 15 programmable routing tables. The RN.345.IL enables the iLive mixing system to become part of the RockNet digital audio network.

all the best

RayS

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Oh wow, that looks amazing! So does this mean it serves as an additional “Port B” expander for those who want,say, a Dante card & an MMO card (for running their Aviom system)??? That would be fantastic…

Ah, no… just noticed it runs from a Port B ACE card [xx(]

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

I see also in the xDR-16 tech specs it needs firmware 1.8 !! wonder if its only dante and expander support or more………

RayS

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

I noticed that too… here’s hoping, although with the lead time on the Dante now extended til November they’re not likely to be pushing that through anytime soon I’d assume? Dante & Rocknet support came online with 1.7 as far as I’m aware…

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of letmefix
    letmefix
    Participant

One of the vendors I usually buy from said that we are most likely looking for Winter Namm to see DANTE’s official release.
    I hope it is a false rumor…

IDR32
    Motion computing LE1700
    Where is my DANTE & iMonitor?

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I’d heard this expander was on it’s way – I needed one yesterday! Just another product to save up for + Dante etc!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

OK my brains been workin overtime and I’ve been thinkin that perhaps it might be possible to do a split ilive system with two mixracks/two surfaces and have the new xDR16 expander with Dante card installed to provide additional/record outputs????

Like this: FOH Surface (say a T112) ACE port A connected to Mixrack 1 (lets say an IDR48). The IDR 48 is fitted with an ACE card in port B(not in redundant mode) with the first ACE card socket going to an xDR16 ACE port A input, then the second ACE card socket (on Mixrack 1) providing outputs only to Mixrack #2 (Lets say an IDR16)also fitted with an ACE card and connected via port B ACE, then the second Monitor surface (R72) connected to the IDR16 via ACE port A.

The xDR16 could then be loaded with a Dante or other port B card to provide further outputs splits etc?

Anyone know if this is possible or would work???

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Rich

The set up you described will work. There is a limitation that Port B in the FOH rack can output a maximum of 64 channels – so if you want to split 64 inputs to the monitors system, these will necessarily be the same channels output by the Dante card in the xDR-16. One selectable block of 8 of these channels will also be output on the xDR-16 XLR outputs.

Depending on whether you need the extra analogue IO, you could achieve the same thing using Dante for the FOH/monitor split, connecting the two racks to a Gigabit Ethernet switch. You could then plug your PC into this switch for recording. This system would have the same 64-channel Port B limitation as the xDR-16 system.

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Thanks Jeff that’s great. Yeah it was the additional i/o as well as the record split that interested me. My IDR48 needs expanding when doing theatre shows plus I need splits for radio mic monitoring and recording.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.