Editor 1.70 on MAC doesn’t run

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Editor 1.70 on MAC doesn’t run

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of plem
    plem
    Participant

I know there has been issues like this before but couldn’t find the solution for this one.
    The iLive-editor 1.70 app doen’s run on my macbook PRO. It stops the starting up with the message:

Incorrect memory setting

Please open the application with the script provide, or with the following common line arguments:
    java -Xms256m -Xmx512m-jar …

My java-sttings are 32 bit (I don’t have another choice anyway in the Utulities/Java-setup)

Somebody has an idea?
    Thanks

Peter

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi PLem

What version OS are you running on your Mac?

What version of Java are you using?

Why are you using the script?

Does Editor work when you just click on the icon provided in the install?

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of plem
    plem
    Participant

I’m working on a macbookpro (2 Ghz Intel core duo) on snowleopard 10.6.4.
    Java version is SE 6.
    In the Utilities/Javapreferences there is only the JAVA SE 6 32 bit option available for both browsers or other applications.
    I’m no running the script. I try to start the iLive Editor 1.70.app which is in my applications-flder after installation.
    But f I try to run the Editor 1.54 from script or any other item in the folder iLive_Editor_1.54 (there from an older installation) I get the same error.

Hope this can lighten up the problem a little.

Greetings
    Peter

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi PLem

I am afraid we do not officially support Snow Leopard for Editor at this time.

Try doing a Mac software update and re-downloading and then reinstalling Editor.

I dont think Editor 1.54 will work with Snow Leopard at all but you should be able to get 1.70 running.

One other thing to try is allocating more memory try the following:

Go to – Applications – select iLive editor 1.70 (CTRL + Click) – Open package Contents – contents – Resources – Open the file “Script” with Text Edit –
    should see exactly this – “java -d32 -Xms256m -Xmx512m -jar iLive_Editor.jar”

Change and save the text to read the following – “java -d32 -Xms256m -Xmx600m -jar iLive_Editor.jar”

try again and see if it works

Sorry i can’t help anymore.

Sam
    A&H

Profile photo of plem
    plem
    Participant

Sorry, I can’t help anymore?????
    You did it!! It works now.
    Thanks a lot.

Peter

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Peter

Glad that your issue is now fixed.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of User
    User
    Participant

Why isn’t Snow Leopard supported? It was released August 28, 2009, so that’s over a year ago now. And a huge number of mac users have upgraded because the upgrade version only costs £20.

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

I haven’t had a problem with it and I am even running 10.6.4 x64. I gues different systems are different.

Duncan Whitcombe
    Mirror Sounds & metrochurch
    Perth, Australia
    T112, iDR48x2, Dante soon
    http://www.mirrorsounds.com.au
    http://www.metrochurch.org.au

Profile photo of Milky
    Milky
    Participant

Hello chaps, I was really hoping the new V1.7.1 Mac Editor would have addressed the Snow Leopard issues but it doesn’t seem to have for me anyway. The editor works fine Online for remote control when connected to a console/MixRack and not used for saving scenes and shows to the computer, but when in Offline mode, it works ok but saving scenes or shows to the computer either results in a very long wait or a perpetual “modifying scene dialogue” same sort of thing for Archiving shows too. I’m using a MacBook Pro 2.5GHz Intel Core Duo, with 4 GB RAM and Java SE6. My Java prefs have been set to 32bit and I have tried increasing the memory for the app as described (although I notice this has been increased already to 600 in the V1.7.1 script). I’m having to use the Windows version to program offline in Fusion on my mac until this is sorted. I am also a bit dismayed that you are saying Snow Leopard isn’t being supported yet. Anything else I can try to stop me having to go over to the Dark Side every time I need to program? Many thanks David

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Milky

We are hoping to support Snow Leopard with the release of v1.8 firmware, we will look resolving these issues with the release of this firmware.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.