Recording ilive-t80 and imac

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Recording ilive-t80 and imac

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mr-B Mr-B 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rostved
    rostved
    Participant

Hey all

I need some help.

Is there a way to connect my ilive-t80 with my imac for live recording?
    The imac has USB and Firewire 800.

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

You can look at any of the already available interface cards (MADI, Ethersound etc) or do what the rest of us are doing and wait for Dante ;)

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Steve-Channell
    Steve-Channell
    Participant

Do you currently have any recording interfaces? I don’t think Dante has a way of getting into a imac directly because it doesn’t have card slots only USB & FireWire. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi There, there’s the MMO card which gives you 24 tracks on three ADAT light pipes; we run this into an Alesis HD24 which is rock-solid field recording. We then dump the files into Logic using a ‘fireport’ interface. There’s the M-Audio ‘pro fire light bridge’ which will turn those ADATs, and then some, into FireWire for you…but right now I’d wait for Dante. PC recording’s still scary though; even MACs go bonkers sometimes. This is interesting [url][/https://www.gallery.co.uk/metacorder/intro.html , but very expensive. Regards, Adrian.

T112, R72
    iDR32, iDR48
    iStuff

Biggsounds
    Participant

Steve the Dante option is so appealing because it doesn’t require any cards – it’s directly over Ethernet so you just plug into the network port… virtual soundcards seem like a perfect cross platform solution!

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Steve-Channell
    Participant

As far as getting from Dante into his iMac wouldn’t he need to have a a pcie slot to go from his mix rack then into his daw? Is there a FireWire based Dante option?

Steve-Channell
    Participant

Wait… Are you saying that you plug into your computers network port? Holy crap. Is that true???

Biggsounds
    Participant

From the iLive website:
    All the benefits of DanteTM compatibility are now accessible to iLive users. The Dante Audio Interface Card allows iLive digital mixing systems to interface with Audinate’s Dante audio networking solution, providing capacity for 64×64 bi-directional audio with full network redundancy. It takes seconds to fit the Dante Audio Interface Card in Port B of any iLive MixRack or in Port A of an iLive Modular Surface fitted with the RAB2 module.

Dante delivers a no hassle, self configuring, true plug-and-play digital audio network that uses standard Internet Protocols over 100Mb and/or Gigabit Ethernet. Patent-pending Dante technology distributes digital audio plus integrated control data with sub millisecond latency, sample-accurate playback synchronization, extreme reliability and high channel counts.

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of simonstpauli
    simonstpauli
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Steve Channell

Wait… Are you saying that you plug into your computers network port? Holy crap. Is that true???

Yep. True. They simply use a computer’s ethernet port.
    There might be a free virtual soundcard license per hardware card, otherwise (time unlimited) licenses cost around 150$.

Christian Tepfer
    Hamburg, Germany

Biggsounds
    Participant

Christian’s right – the card will come with a single computer license and extras are bought via Audinate’s website for about $150 – a lot cheaper than multiple madi interfaces!

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Steve-Channell
    Participant

Thanks, i’ve read about Dante with the Brooklyn card and overlooked the virtual sound card and it never clicked. But that’s incredible! I feel like such a noob. That makes it so amazingly cheap for that much i/o! Exciting!!!

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

To add recording to the Dante card will be “free” as it will include a virtual soundcard licence – but we don’t know the price of the card yet!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Biggsounds
    Participant

Richard, the initial expectations I’ve heard from my supplier are for Dante to price out at around the same as the MADI card (remember both products are proprietary and require a license, and Yamaha’s license doesn’t come cheap!)

iDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of rostved
    rostved
    Participant

Hey

It sound cool with the Dante card. I’ll wait for it to arrive.
    Anyone know when it is available?

/Jakob

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

somewhere else on this forum it says November and the card is £900.
    I also believe there will be a maintenance release of the current V1.7 as it does not to my knowledge support Dante.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.