PreAmp gain and Aviom

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions PreAmp gain and Aviom

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Biggsounds Biggsounds 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Knoxford
    Knoxford
    Participant

Adjusting the gain for each input directly affects the levels in the Avioms. The input to the Aviom is “Input – Direct Output”.

Is there a different input that I can use so I can adjust gain without affecting the Avioms?

I just upgraded to V1.70 … is there anything there, perhaps a separate gain control for avioms?

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

use trim instead of the gain (once your gain is ok for aviom, work on your mix channels with the trim

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Profile photo of arrowproduction
    arrowproduction
    Participant

there is a direct output level on right hand side of ‘super strip’ page, you can adjust the aviom level without affecting other things

Jonathan Lam
    Production Director
    Arrow Production

Tel: (852) 8101 3597
    Fax: (852) 2351 3900
    Email: jonathanlam@arrowproduction.com.hk

Knoxford
    Participant

Thanks for both of the responses. I have made good use of the trim function and was also able to boost the keys using the direct out level.

I have another question that is kind of related. The lead singer doesn’t use the aviom so I have Aux1 setup for a monitor for him.

I have my whole gain structure set and all the channels switched over to use trim which doesn’t affect the Avioms but does affect his Mono Aux1 monitor.

I am thinking there is no magic this surface can do about this so I will have to first adjust the trim and once that is right mix his monitor. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Knoxford
    Participant

Any ideas on my 11/29/2010 post above?

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Depending how many channels you are using you could mirror your channels and mix the Aux1 send from the second set of channel strips (essentially what I do if I’m doing a mains/monitor setup with my system). To set this up just select a second set of channel strips & set the input on those to mirror the channels required in his foldback – make sure you also set trim on surface on those strips!

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.