Motion Tablet PC???

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Motion Tablet PC???

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of letmefix letmefix 13 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

I’ve seen the motion tablets mentioned on the forum here a couple of times, and I’ve found an LE1600 at a good price, but as this is an older model I’m worried it won’t do the job with Editor – anyone able to advise me on this???
    The tablet specs are:
    Processor Type: Intel Pentium M, Centrino
    Processor Configuration: Single Core
    Memory (RAM): 512 MB
    Processor Speed: 1.5 GHz
    Hard Drive Capacity: 30 GB

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

I think you need a dual core processor, I believe the factory recommend this as a minimum my own experience would certainly bear this out. I ended up with a Lenovo, X60 it was a corporate re-furbished model running Vista which I do not like. However it was quite cheap. Seems fine, I use it for Editor, Lake and Smaart 6. Screen is a little small possibly, but OK.

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

That’s what I’m thinking, I was just wondering as the 1.5ghz processor seemed ok compared to some other stuff, but I’m not a spec nerd so I wasn’t sure! I’ll keep an eye out for something with a bit more power then, refurbished/ex-lease stuff seems the way to go.
    I’m actually not worried if the only thing it runs is editor, it’s going to be a dedicated thing anyway & I’ve got other machines for the rest of the gig duties!

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of letmefix
    letmefix
    Participant

I have been using a LE1700.
    1400×1050 screen resolution is really nice.
    Mine came with duo2 core, 2.5GB ram & 30GB Hard disk.

I used it with ilive editor last Friday night for the first time. I mixed on IDR32.
    There were some moments of “system busy” window popping up when jumping from one channel to another channel “SEL”.
    I don’t know if this is a laptop hardware issue, wireless issue, or windows 7 64 bit issue. Maybe it is a simply JAVA programming issue. I’ll never know.
    Ilive editor doesn’t work as fast as YAMAHA SM as far as I can compare. I operated a LS9 for a year from the same tablet PC and never had that kinda lagging. I’m on the same wireless network. I got rid of LS9, so I have to learn how to live with that until I can afford a T80 or T112.

Burak

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.